Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 16th Mar 14, 2:33 PM
    • 1,330Posts
    • 1,627Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    Consumer Rights Sticky - Please Read Before Posting
    • 16th Mar 14, 2:33 PM
    Consumer Rights Sticky - Please Read Before Posting 16th Mar 14 at 2:33 PM
    This is the new Consumer Rights Sticky where links to all important threads will be kept:

READ ME FIRST PLEASE . . . Useful links, Resources and FAQs

Quick Questions on Consumer Rights

How best to post a query on Consumer Rights

Do shops have to sell at the advertised price?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 16th Mar 14, 3:47 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    • 16th Mar 14, 3:47 PM
    • 16th Mar 14, 3:47 PM
    Why is this sticky not a sticky?
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 16th Mar 14, 5:02 PM
    • 22,820 Posts
    • 18,840 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 16th Mar 14, 5:02 PM
    • 16th Mar 14, 5:02 PM
    Why is this sticky not a sticky?
    Originally posted by bod1467
    A phrase involving not knowing the fleshy parts at the top of the legs from the pointy bits half way down the arm springs to mind
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 16th Mar 14, 5:26 PM
    • 18,661 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 16th Mar 14, 5:26 PM
    • 16th Mar 14, 5:26 PM
    Does this new 'sticky' philosophy mean that the thread Quick questions on Consumer Rights will no longer serve a useful purpose?

For a start, no-one will know the thread is there, so no-one will post on it.

And even if some-one did post on that thread, no-one will ever notice the new post, so the query would remain unanswered.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 16th Mar 14, 8:05 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 16th Mar 14, 8:05 PM
    • 16th Mar 14, 8:05 PM
    If it is a popular thread it will likely stay on the first page and be read frequently anyway. If you spot any problems that do occur though please contact the forum team as they can do something with your feedback (I can't)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • mvb1975
    • 25th Apr 14, 9:37 AM
    • 25th Apr 14, 9:37 AM
    Im looking for some assistance in respect of dealing with Plumbnation and purchasing goods online, im not sure whether im in the right place or not...
    • Valli
    • By Valli 25th Apr 14, 9:39 AM
    • 21,271 Posts
    • 240,454 Thanks
    Valli
    • 25th Apr 14, 9:39 AM
    • 25th Apr 14, 9:39 AM
    Im looking for some assistance in respect of dealing with Plumbnation and purchasing goods online, im not sure whether im in the right place or not...
    Originally posted by mvb1975
    If this is about a completed purchase then you probably are; read the links in the first post at the top of this thread (the blue text indicates a link) then you know what information to provide.

HTH
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Tan123
    • By Tan123 27th Apr 14, 12:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tan123
    • 27th Apr 14, 12:12 PM
    Window warranty, small print.
    • 27th Apr 14, 12:12 PM
    Any advice welcome... Sorry not sure how to start new threat. So did reply...
    I moved in October and have a copy of the warranty for double glazed windows. 10 year warranty, installed 2007. It does say that ownership can transfer to new home owners. "In the event of disposal of property covered by this warranty, the company will permit the benefit of the remaining period of this warranty to be assigned to the new owner of the property, and will recognise such new owners as the person entitled to benefit of this warranty". To be honest I didn't read any further small print.... Until I noticed the window handles were broken and after opening some of the windows, they flop right down. Very loose. Small print says "the company must be advised of the change of ownership within one month from the date of the change". We did not do this. Do I have a leg to stand on re: replacement handles? or is it tough... Seems a bit mean of the company to me. Having said that excess is 50 so maybe not worth anything to me anyway. Only hope nothing happens to windows.
  • Motherofpickles
    • 10th May 14, 2:17 PM
    Train tickets bought but train didn't run - who is responsible?
    • 10th May 14, 2:17 PM
    We purchased return tickets to Ireland from London via thetrainline.com. It involved rail and ferry journeys. On the return leg of our journey, the train we had tickets for did not run - because it was a Bank Holiday service. We had to get a taxi (at a cost of 180 Euros) to Dublin as it was the only way to get there in time for the ferry. thetrainline.com says it's not their responsibility but as they sold us the tickets surely it is? We have also contacted the Irish train operator and they say to take it up with thetrainline.com. We cannot afford to be out of pocket to this extent, especially when the fault is not ours. Can anyone help advise on next steps. Happy to go to small claims court but who is ultimately responsible?

Thanks!
  • eclairedcat
    consumer rights
    hello,
    can anyone offer any advice for me?my mum bought me a hoover for christmas, she bought it 20th november i opened it christmas day and told her i cannot use it as i am disabled there is no way i can use it round the house so it is still unopened, never been used i contacted the shop on ebay to ask to return it because of the disabled reasons and he is refusing to have it back are there any rights in this, it is useless for me being disabled and i don't want her to loose out on what she paid for it, any advice gratefully received
  • SteveRR
    Can anyone help please?
    3 months ago I moved to a new house. I'm still waiting for Open Reach to come and pull the wires through, however I am with EE. Ive paid up front for the line but I have neither a land line or broadband.
    Will I be in breach of contract as I had a years contract with EE if I go with another service provider that doesn't rely on BT?
    • zaax
    • By zaax 8th Jan 15, 9:38 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 746 Thanks
    zaax
    Can anyone help please?
    3 months ago I moved to a new house. I'm still waiting for Open Reach to come and pull the wires through, however I am with EE. Ive paid up front for the line but I have neither a land line or broadband.
    Will I be in breach of contract as I had a years contract with EE if I go with another service provider that doesn't rely on BT?
    Originally posted by SteveRR
    I suggest you post this on the phones forum as they are more knowledge about this sort of thing.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 8th Jan 15, 10:37 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Why are people posting (for help) in this sticky thread anyway?
    • keyser666
    • By keyser666 8th Jan 15, 4:05 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 1,571 Thanks
    keyser666
    Can we not have the posts removed from this thread and have the following or similar as part of the sticky?

What did you Buy?
    When did you buy it?
    Online or instore?
    How did you pay?
    etc
    etc

And refer people to it when they start a new thread will make it easier for advice
  • lorrk
    Currys
    I purchased a washing machine from the above in February 2013. Just before xmas 2014 the machine made a funny noise then cut the lights in my house. As I didn't know what was wrong with the machine if it was something I did I contacted Indesit and was told I would either have to make a one off call out payment or join a payment plan for the year for a small amount more, this I did. Well the engineer finally came out at the beginning of January and the belt inside the washing machine had literally shredded which in turn caught the sensors which is why it cut my electric. He told me that in all the years he had been an engineer he had never seen that happen to a belt in a newer washing machine, and that he thought the belt had been substandard when it was fitted at point of manufacture. Although he wouldn't write that down. It was fixed and he went on his way. I then contacted Currys as I don't believe that a washing machine less than two years old used only by a couple would have done this so therefore I should reasonably expect them to pay for the repair. I have all kinds of rubbish in their reply telling me that I need to go to the manufacturers as the machine was over 1yr old, and even though I have told them that the contract is with them they wont accept responsibility! Please someone tell me what to do next!!!!
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 9th Mar 15, 6:28 PM
    • 7,778 Posts
    • 7,582 Thanks
    DoaM
    Wall of text - in the wrong place.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • VERYannoyed
    Payment issues with VERY
    I made a substantial payment off my Very account on 16/3/15, the payment was not actually due until the end of the 27th, but i am tdying to clear the account. On the 10/4/15, i received an email saying i had missed March's payment. I called the contact centre and the issue was escalated for a manager to listen to the call. The timescale for this to happen is 24to 48 hours. 4 days and quite a few calls later, nothing has been done. My bank has confirmed that no attempt to take payment or any conact whatsoever was made by Very during March. Apart from all the stress, this is obviously having a bad effect on my credit score and interest is piling up on the account. I feel completely powerless. Does anyone have any advice please?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Apr 15, 12:43 PM
    • 13,163 Posts
    • 6,003 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Payment issues with VERY

This post is a sticky why dont you ask the question in the Consumer rights forum
    • jonnic
    • By jonnic 10th Aug 15, 5:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jonnic
    Veterinary fee's
    I had my female dog (site blanked out clinical name for a female dog) spayed some weeks ago and was sent home with antibiotics, but the wound became infected and had to return to the vets where I was given more antibiotics at a cost. The infection has still not subsided and she has gone in today to have the wound opened up and cleaned at a cost of 100ish plus probably more antibiotics at a cost. My question is. Surely if the original opperation had complications the aftercare should be included in the price. If someone paid for a boob job that went septic would the surgeon bill her for putting it right. The dog is insured but they won't pay out as it was as a result of steralization.
    • tomtontom
    • By tomtontom 14th Dec 15, 5:39 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 16,347 Thanks
    tomtontom
    It depends on what you paid for, some procedures will include aftercare and some will not. That applies to boob jobs too!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,069Users online

Martin's Twitter