Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Charley333
    Housing Benefit - payment on account/interim payment
    • 29th Nov 12, 6:45 PM
    Housing Benefit - payment on account/interim payment 29th Nov 12 at 6:45 PM
    Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help clear something up for me - I've just handed in a claim for housing benefit, and in anticipation of it taking longer than expected, I have been looking up "payment on account" and "interim payments" of the benefit just in case.

However, no where does it seem to say how much a payment on account would be... I know you can only request it a fortnight after all the necessary information is handed in, but does that mean it only covers 2 weeks of your potential housing allowance, or does it cover the full 4 weeks.

I'm hoping someone who's been in receipt of one could tell me as trying to work out a budget based on receiving only 2 weeks of housing allowance before my next rent due date is causing me to tear my hair out...

Thanks in advance,
    Charley
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,449Posts Today

6,571Users online

Martin's Twitter