PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    almeaea wrote: »
    If I previously had an IVA, can I claim PPI or would the IVA company claim it on my behalf to repay the creditors. |I have completed my IVA

You can complain about it but if the PPI was taken pre-IVA then they may very well still hold an interest.

If you do decide to complain anyway (if you’re unhappy about the sale) then don’t use a claims management company. This is generally sound advice anyway but it’s particular pertinent in your case as you could end up with no redress in your hand and a hefty bill from the CMC.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • brettcta
    Options
    sqlmatt wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I put in 2 complaints in July with Barclaycard/Egg for PPI. I'm sure I had PPI on them and was missold. These cards were from I think 1996 to 2004

The letters which came back were almost identical

Barclay Card
    1) "We have been unable to find a BarclayCard account in your name using the information you have provided or that we currently have available on our internal systems. Our investigation has included checking our records using information such as your name, address and date of birth.
    I am sorry that without identifying an account in your name I am unable to investigate this futher and your complaint will be closed"

Egg
    2) "We have been unable to find an Egg account in your name using the information you have provided or that we currently have available on our internal systems. Our investigation has included checking our records using information such as your name, address and date of birth.

Your Egg account may not have been one of those transferred to Barclaycard in November 2011 and may remain with Citi Bank. We are unable to help with your complaint because we do not have your account information. If you wish to contact City Bank you can write to them at:"

How best to respond to these please? I dont have any documents rat all egarding the accounts, not can I get any and did move address a lot in my youth. I do know the address where I took them both out as I turned 18, and this was sent on my claims. So I would have hoped from my address, name and DOB they would have information. Both the claims were done on the same webform on the Barclaycard web site. I have remembered the 16 digit number for the Barclaycard and can provide more addresses.

So they've "closed" my complaints with a standard response.
    Many thanks for any advise!

You respond by providing any information you can, so if that’s an account number then you give that. If you don’t hold records and the 2 lenders don’t (as is to be expected for old accounts) then it’s dead in the water I’m afraid.
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So they've "closed" my complaints with a standard response.
    No, they've closed your case with a form letter originally carefully crafted by their legal department. Do you really expect the main body of a letter simply informing you that they can find no trace of you to differ from customer to customer?

You have around a week to find documentary proof, not only of an account but also that you paid PPI. If you have no such evidence (and the Bank clearly don't either) then there is nothing more you can do...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    almeaea wrote: »
    If I previously had an IVA, can I claim PPI or would the IVA company claim it on my behalf to repay the creditors. |I have completed my IVA

You should check with your IVA administrator. Some will waive their interest in any previous PPI. Normally I'd say do that and get in writing and then proceed to complain as normal.

Given you only have less than 6 days to submit a complaint (not just an enquiry), you may need to do a complaint (assuming you believe you had PPI and a valid reason for complaining) before you confirm things with your IVA admin.

If you're doing it yourself, the worst case is that you do the work and the IVA gets any redress.

With respect to an earlier response, not all claims companies would take a fee under these circumstances, but many would so if you wanted to uses a claims management company, you'd have to be very careful about that.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Norahnoo15 wrote: »
    I was stupid enough to respond to the angie ppi post on facebook. I did not return any paperwork to them decided to contact the bank direct myself (no idea i had ppi with them in the 1st place).

I emailed them to say i didnt wish to continue & weeks later have had an email saying as i didnt cancel in tje 14 days im liable for cancellation charges. At £40 an automated email thats already £1800 just asking me to send back signed paper work. Is this legal?

Sat here panicking. Would really apppreciate any advice.

Thanks v much

The regulations state that any cancellation charges have to be "reasonable" (and that's assuming they can demonstrate that you entered into a valid agreement with them).

So complain to the company in writing about the charges saying what you want done. If they reject your complaint or you don't get a response within 8 weeks, then contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. I suspect they'll struggle to justify the charges.

I did complain about these ads to the ASA who forwarded the complaint to the FCA. Nothing effective has happened (surprise) despite the company clearly being dishonest in most of its advertising. They may try to scam you for cancellation charges, but you'll just have to work your way through the complaints process to get this resolved.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I put in 2 complaints in July with Barclaycard/Egg for PPI. I'm sure I had PPI on them and was missold. These cards were from I think 1996 to 2004

If your card account was closed in 2004, then it's just Egg (Canada Square Operations) you deal with.

You should have sent all previous addresses (or at least the ones after you opened the account) for them to check as it's possible you updated your address with them after opening the account. I'm assuming you don't have an account number based on what you wrote as that would be even better.

They may still not have the records and that would be that.

As you have very little time to get this done, if you're writing to them, I suggest you write it as a "complaint" to ensure that your complaint is before 29 August.

If they still don't find you or you didn't have PPI, no harm done.
  • Laurel.
    Options
    Hi,
    In the emergency reclaim kit section, it says you can start a check for PPI by using the 'free PPI reclaim tool' and providing the minimum of your name, address, DOB and loan provider - then include further details at a later date.
    However, the free Resolver tool will not let you proceed unless you answer all the questions :mad:
    Can anyone help with this please? Thanks :)
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Laurel. wrote: »
    Hi,
    In the emergency reclaim kit section, it says you can start a check for PPI by using the 'free PPI reclaim tool' and providing the minimum of your name, address, DOB and loan provider - then include further details at a later date.
    However, the free Resolver tool will not let you proceed unless you answer all the questions :mad:
    Can anyone help with this please? Thanks :)

Dont use resolver at this late stage. Go direct to the provider.

Resolver adds a layer of admin and is not 100% failproof. You cannot afford a slip up at this time.
  • brettcta
    Options
    How many posts will there be Friday in the realm of ‘I fell asleep last night before I could complain, can a CMC take my claim on?’ and similar?

I’m in for keeping a track of the most ridiculous ‘exceptional circumstances’ posted on here as ways of potentially getting the time bar waived for precious them.
    helpful tips
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My dog ate my homework thirty years ago. Will that count?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback