Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 191
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 20th Aug 19, 8:48 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Justice13075
    There is no more compensation due. You should have taken the hotel and they would have had to pay for it. They cannot sat arbitrary caps on hotels. The only thing you can do is write a complaint to the CAA as Easyjet did not provide a duty of care to you.
    • Wood296
    • By Wood296 21st Aug 19, 4:11 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wood296
    Sorry If there is somewhere else to post this. Hope this is the right place to ask a question.

Our Easyjet flight was cancelled, we spent 18 hours without accommodation and were not allocated a flight until two days later. We were eventually (after 18 hours) given a hotel for 2 nights including breakfast and dinner and I have submitted receipts via the online claim form to Easyjet. The problem was the fault of the airport in Amsterdam as they were unable to refuel a number of planes (it was reported in the media) hence all nearby accommodation and earlier flights out being booked up. The delay cost us extra expenses in the UK. My partner lost 2 days wages, we had pets in boarding incurring over 120 in costs, and 60 airport parking charges for overstaying. My insurance say they do not cover this. Who does? Will it be the airport as the fuelling problem was their fault?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 21st Aug 19, 4:28 PM
    • 12,295 Posts
    • 8,006 Thanks
    Caz3121
    >> My insurance say they do not cover this <<
    why will your insurance not cover it. Do they not have a section for delays?
    • mightymallet
    • By mightymallet 21st Aug 19, 5:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mightymallet
    Justice13075, can you tell me more about writing a complaint to CAA and the duty of care that easy jet did not carry out? what are the CAA views on duty of care? what can i expext to be the outcome of complaining?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 21st Aug 19, 9:35 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Justice13075
    They failed in their duty of care under Article 9 of Regulation EU261/2004. Just type in CAA Complaints.
    • Wood296
    • By Wood296 22nd Aug 19, 2:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wood296
    >> My insurance say they do not cover this <<
    why will your insurance not cover it. Do they not have a section for delays?
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    I telephoned and spoke to an advisor and was told the insurance did not cover the additional expenses. Must admit I thought insurance would cover something like that, it was just insurance we took out when we were booking the holiday it came up as one of the optional extras on the Web page.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 22nd Aug 19, 11:54 AM
    • 19,266 Posts
    • 11,974 Thanks
    motorguy
    Compensation for the delay plus your expenses. As to the new flight, you are entitled to the extra cost involved I.e. cost of new flight less money refunded.
    Originally posted by legal magpie
    Leading on from my post #3764 and the response above (cancelled flight & overnight stay required), Easyjet have accepted that the flight was cancelled due to a technical fault.

They have refunded all costs, but havent mentioned / implied they are obliged to / will pay any flight compensation?

How do I / can i pursue them for compensation for the delay?
    Life has never given me lemons.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Aug 19, 12:02 PM
    • 4,757 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    JPears
    You should download Vauban's most excellent guide. Large mug of tea, biscuits and read.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • iben
    • By iben 22nd Aug 19, 1:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    iben
    I had some fun with Easyjet this Monday the 19th. I was supposed to fly with my father-in-law back from Hamburg to Gatwick.
    We were already 40 min in on our way to Hamburg when I received a notification that the flight U28343 at 21:45 was cancelled.
    I called easyjet in Germany and they told me that they could only book me on the flight 24 hours later. I told him that according to EU regulation they would need to try to reroute me on a different carrier. He denied that this is the case. I then agreed to be booked onto the flight the following day as I was worried that that flight might be fully booked soon.

We then started to drive back to where we stayed in Germany. 5 Min later I got a call from Easyjet. The same guy again. He told me that there is only one seat left on the flight 24 hours later and he could only book us on the flight 48 hours later.

I told him again that they need to reroute me via a different carrier. He denied that they have to do it. I then asked him to give me in writing that easyjet is refusing to reroute me with a different carrier. He refused this request. I then told him that I will start to record the call but he objected to that. I then ended the conversation.

Once I had internet connection again I searched for alternative options. The problem was that we had to leave that day as my father-in-law has a multi-entry Schengen Visa with 10 days and all those days are fully planned. If we would leave too late he might be refused on the last (fully booked and paid for) trip we've planned (he is doing 3 trips in total).
    I found a flight with Ryain Air from Bremen to Stansted that night at 21:45. That cost us 235 for the flight and another 110 for the taxi from Stansted to Gatwick (we live close to Gatwick). Easyjet told us the cancellation was due to Air Traffic control issues - so they don't need to pay the €250 compensation. But can I claim the extra costs from them given that they refused to reroute me with a different carrier and we would have had to wait 48 hours for the next flight?

What is the best way forward?

Thanks for your help.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 22nd Aug 19, 1:22 PM
    • 12,295 Posts
    • 8,006 Thanks
    Caz3121
    What is the best way forward?
    Originally posted by iben
    fill in the expenses claim form on their website
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Aug 19, 3:02 PM
    • 4,757 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    JPears
    And are you sure the flight was cancelled due to air traffic control issues? Given that the easyjet rep repeated lied to you on the phone, can you trust them? I don't.
    Try putting your flight details into EUclaim and Botts online checker for an idea of claim validity.

• akamez
    • By akamez 22nd Aug 19, 3:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    akamez
    Delayed or cancelled flight
    Hi,

We had a delayed flight on easyjet from Malaga to LGW, we were delayed for about 20h and at some point they changed the plane, and the flight numbers, we also got new boarding passes, the second flight was again delayed for about 5 hours.
    They kept insisting that the flight was delayed and not cancelled. But since it was two separate boarding passes it looks like it was cancelled and a new flight arranged.

Can we claim for two separate flights?

From the Easyjet website you can only enter one reference number for the original flight, which will cover only one.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 22nd Aug 19, 10:28 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Justice13075
    put your flight details into Euclaim and bottonline they will have a good idea if you are due 2 lots of compensation.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 22nd Aug 19, 11:46 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi,

We had a delayed flight on easyjet from Malaga to LGW, we were delayed for about 20h and at some point they changed the plane, and the flight numbers, we also got new boarding passes, the second flight was again delayed for about 5 hours.
    They kept insisting that the flight was delayed and not cancelled. But since it was two separate boarding passes it looks like it was cancelled and a new flight arranged.

Can we claim for two separate flights?

From the Easyjet website you can only enter one reference number for the original flight, which will cover only one.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!
    Originally posted by akamez
    If you can post your original and replacement full flight details we may be able to shed some light on the issue.

A different aircraft and boarding pass does not necessarily mean it was not the same delayed flight. Sometimes the airline has to send out a recovery flight to repatriate everyone when an aircraft goes tec.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Penfold1967
    • By Penfold1967 23rd Aug 19, 9:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Penfold1967
    Easyjet Deadlock Letter
    Hi

I had an EC261 claim rejected by EasyJet and referred this to CEDR. CEDR wont accept the referral without a deadlock letter from EasyJet.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this letter for EasyJet. The email rejecting the claim is a "do not reply" address. I can't find anyway of contracting them to ask (other than twitter which is hopeless) and its not been forthcoming from the airline (the claim was originally rejected in July).

Thanks

P
    • JPears
    • By JPears 23rd Aug 19, 11:24 AM
    • 4,757 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    JPears
    Just wait 8 weks from last easyjet response then you shouldn't ned a deadlock leter.

• akamez
    • By akamez 26th Aug 19, 10:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    akamez
    RE: Delayed or cancelled flight
    Hi Tyzap,,

Thank you for your answer!

Here are the flight details

EZY8610 30/07/2019 at 20:45, then we got a replacement flight next day
    EZY9610 31/07/2019 at 14:50, it was then 6h late

easyJet 9610
    EZY9610 / U29610
    Upgrade account to see tail number
    LANDED OVER 3 WEEKS AGO
    AGP
    MALAGA, SPAIN
    LGW
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    took off from
    Malaga - AGP
    landed at
    London Gatwick - LGW
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    09:04PM CEST
    (6 hours 14 minutes late)
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    10:24PM BST

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth
    • JPears
    • By JPears 27th Aug 19, 7:58 AM
    • 4,757 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    JPears
    It looks as though your flight was originally technically delayed, not cancelled.
    Then the replacement flight was delayed. The flight number is not a regular flight number code. Its an adhoc one applied to the replacement flight.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 27th Aug 19, 10:15 AM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Tyzap,,

Thank you for your answer!

Here are the flight details

EZY8610 30/07/2019 at 20:45, then we got a replacement flight next day
    EZY9610 31/07/2019 at 14:50, it was then 6h late

easyJet 9610
    EZY9610 / U29610
    Upgrade account to see tail number
    LANDED OVER 3 WEEKS AGO
    AGP
    MALAGA, SPAIN
    LGW
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    took off from
    Malaga - AGP
    landed at
    London Gatwick - LGW
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    09:04PM CEST
    (6 hours 14 minutes late)
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    10:24PM BST

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth
    Originally posted by akamez
    As JP says, it looks like the 2nd flight may have been a rescue or repatriation flight put on due the the first aircraft breaking down.

If this is the case it would mean only one set of compensation as it is all one continuous delay.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Rjones
    • By Rjones 27th Aug 19, 8:04 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rjones
    Hi,

Was due to fly from Bristol to Edinburgh Thursday 22nd August at 7am, checked in through security and boarded the plane, only to be seated, waiting 40minutes and then being told the plane was unfit to fly and we had to wait for another plane...that would have us set off at 11am instead of 7am. Can I claim compensation on this and does anyone know roughly how much?
    I've read various details online that say around 230 per person per flight - since I was flying with my partner.

Return flight; Due to leave Edinburgh on Sunday at 7pm, flight was delayed and then the staff had overworked their hours and we had to wait for a team to come in from Glasgow, ended up leaving at 11pm instead of 7pm. Can I claim for this too? and if so how much would we be entitled too?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

1,450Users online

Martin's Twitter