Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 31st Dec 17, 11:59 PM
    • 17,963Posts
    • 39,915Thanks
    Glad
    The Compers Inn (part 48)
    • 31st Dec 17, 11:59 PM
    The Compers Inn (part 48) 31st Dec 17 at 11:59 PM
    Welcome to the new Inn

for comping and non comping chitchat leaving the rest of the board for comping discussions

previous thread here
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 139
    • indie
    • By indie 20th Aug 19, 12:08 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Afternoon
    Thanks for the link Alfie, well deserved first prize.
    Been busy today. I got a new 3 piece suite yesterday and it's being delivered this afternoon. It took 4 hours to get the old one out last night as it was so big and we kept getting it stuck but must admit we had a few laughs trying to get it out and did eventually. Poor Charlie don't know what's going on as we have the dining chairs to sit and he keeps walking around looking at us on them.
    Instagram is still playing up but it's letting me post pictures,very strange.I will just keeping trying once a day till it lets me back in.
    Just taking DS to his hobby shop, hope you all have a lucky day.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 20th Aug 19, 3:19 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Alfie pleased you made it home before the rain. Thanks for interesting links.
    Weather was the same here yesterday. April showers and sunshine I was in and out with the washing till I gave up. Today has been brilliant drying weather.

Indie reading about you all struggling with the sifa made me laugh too. I can just imagine Charlie staring at you all. Hope your new one is in in no time and you are pleased with it.

I’m still pleased with the new one we bought years ago. On Saturday I heard 8 year old GS imitating me saying ‘don’t jump on the furniture’ to 6 yr old GS.

Indie hope you are back in Instagram soon.

Take care everyone and Good luck.
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 20th Aug 19, 8:01 PM
    • 14,636 Posts
    • 65,187 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good evening

Itís been a beautiful weather day today, much nicer than
    yesterday. No sudden showers although having said that - I
    still went out this morning with umbrella & pac a mac in my
    bag ...... just in case!

Apart from hair trim & bit of food shopping this morning,
    Iíve just been out in my garden pottering about, sorting out
    bits & bobs, pruning some plants & having a bit of a tidy
    up. Off out tomorrow to treat myself to another pair of
    secateurs & loppers - I was hoping to win some but with
    my track record itíd be quicker to go & buy them!

You did make me chuckle indie re struggling to get old sofa
    etc out to make way for new 3 piece!
    Especially when you were all sat on dining room chairs in
    the evening with Charlie boy looking & wondering what the
    hell was going on! It reminded me of my
    past experiences - at least we can all laugh about it.

Also lol at your GS imitating you leanfun (to younger GS) re
    no jumping on furniture.

Blimey, itís just 9.00 & itís pitch black out. This year seems
    to be whizzing by. Soon be Christmas!

Have a lovely evening all, take care.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    Eco Warrior
    WASPI
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 21st Aug 19, 7:54 AM
    • 15,653 Posts
    • 113,182 Thanks
    sheils6
    Morning all,

Just popped in to say funeral went well with a huge turnout. Met few of DHs cousins I had never met before and his remaining aunt and uncle managed to attend so nice to see them again.
    Just had lovely breakfast at Holiday Inn and off to Erddig NT this morning before going to Chester so hoping for nice relaxing day.
    Sun is shining anyway.

sheils x
    Last edited by sheils6; 21-08-2019 at 8:26 AM. Reason: Spelling!
    Sept Wins - £10 Quidco

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday
    • indie
    • By indie 21st Aug 19, 9:22 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, glad things went ok yesterday sheils. Hope you have a relaxing day. Suite came and Charlie investigated it by sniffing all over for ages, so glad he is not a drooly dog,lol. It's a nice sunny day here so have washing on line and a couple more machine loads to go out when that's dry.I took son to work and just relaxing now and doing some comps. Hope you all have a lucky day
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 21st Aug 19, 11:10 AM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Sunny here this morning.

Sheils pleased to hear funeral went well and was well attended. Sad occasion but great for your DH to meet up with family.
    Did I dream it or is it your DH’s birthday today? If it is hope you have a good day at NT property and in A nice meal in Chester.

Well I’ve just had a great surprise. The make up mags daily win I had snap with Indies’s son did not arrive. His arrived ok and Indie gave me some advice re a deleted email. Weeks ago trying to save the email I deleted it. My yahoo trash came up with an email address for the magazine and I emailed them on Monday. Someone kindly followed it up and I’ve received the prize today! It’s a full set of makeup so a good prize. Thanks for the help Indie.

I’ve found out that if you contact yahoo within a week of delegating an email they can restore it for you. Longer it’s lost forever.

Better do some more washing and ironing now. Good luck everyone.
    • indie
    • By indie 21st Aug 19, 11:21 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    That's great news leanfun, and they sorted it so quickly as well.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 21st Aug 19, 1:27 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Indie could not believe how quickly the prize came. Saw from envelope PR office is very near us.

I’ve just saw this post wondering if you saw it too

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6039093

Don’t remember if I logged out and in again when I was logged out.
    • indie
    • By indie 21st Aug 19, 3:42 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    No i hadn't seen thanks for that. I am off to pick DS up soon but will try that when i get back.
    • indie
    • By indie 21st Aug 19, 5:33 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Yay it worked. I had to log out both mobile and on the PC but it seems ok now.
    • indie
    • By indie 22nd Aug 19, 8:42 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, it's a lovely day here already. Suns out and temps are rising nicely.Just dropped DS off at work so the day is mine now. Got some food shopping to do later then housework. Hope you all have a lucky day.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 22nd Aug 19, 8:59 AM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Sunny here too. Indie pleased you are back on Instagram. We just need a few wins. Still can’t believe how quickly the mag prize came.

DH and I managed to go out for dinner last night had a lovely meal. I had breaded Brie for starter. It was hot served with cranberries and a bit of salad, trout followed by cheesecake. All delicious.

DD1 has taken GS on an organised walking family holiday in the Yorkshire Dales this week. They are having a great time and weather has been good. A great idea for a single parent. He’s loving it. Yet if I said to him go for a walk it would be moan, moan but he’s doing five mile walk there.

Sheils Hope you have a good journey home.

Take care and be lucky.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 22nd Aug 19, 4:15 PM
    • 15,653 Posts
    • 113,182 Thanks
    sheils6
    Thanks leanfun but not going home until tomorrow which is DHs birthday.
    Staying at Wigan tonight. Have done lots of walking on The Leeds and Liverpool canal today. Over 26;000 steps including walk along River Dee in Chester this morning. Legs feeling it now and have to head out to Frankie & Bennys for dinner shortly which is a 10min walk each way!
    Sept Wins - £10 Quidco

• leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 23rd Aug 19, 8:47 AM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Ho right day now. Happy birthday Sheila’s DH hope you have a good journey home and no rain. Sheils that was some walk yesterday. Hope you’re not stiff today.

Here unusually for bank holiday weekend we are by ourselves until Monday.
    It’s sunny now and forecast is it’s going to be really hot again. Just when I thought I’d tackle the garden.

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you are doing.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 23rd Aug 19, 3:07 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Don’t believe it I’ve just won £5 on topcashback. This morning I found two paint pallets and just went in and found a third. My biggest win so far on this.
    • indie
    • By indie 24th Aug 19, 7:14 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, well done on the win, nice end to the week.
    Hope your DH had a good birthday sheils,wow you have done a lot of steps.My legs would ache as well.
    Work was busy yesterday, but i have today off then on sunday and monday. I am 1-1 on monday so not too bad. Typical it's nice weather over the bank holiday as i am working,lol. I hope you all have a good weekend.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 25th Aug 19, 2:20 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Afternoon. It’s so out outside here fortunately it’s cool in front room. Too hot to do anything.

Hope you might have aircon Indie. Been thinking of you. DH said it’s so much hotter upstairs.

Spoke too soon about us being by ourselves DS came home yesterday which was nice to see him. He’s gone to football this afternoon. I told him when he was coming to bring a hat. He brought a cricket had so hasn’t taken it to football.

We did eat dinner in the garden last night but I was bitten three times.still enjoyed being outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday, whatever you are doing.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 25th Aug 19, 5:34 PM
    • 15,653 Posts
    • 113,182 Thanks
    sheils6
    Evening all,

DH had a lovely birthday thanks with lots of malt whisky, smellies and chocolate as presents. DD made us a lovely meal of steak in a creamy garlic sauce.
    Been really, really hot here. Got the beds changed in record time!
    We were at a Vintage Vehicle Rally down the town this morning which DH enjoyed. We haven't been to it for a few years as quite often heading off.

Well done on the Topcashback win leanfun. I have been doing the Quidco instant win but it is really difficult. Have won £2.80 though.

Hope work not too busy indie.

sheils x
    Sept Wins - £10 Quidco

• indie
    • By indie 26th Aug 19, 5:21 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 15,446 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, work was hot and busy yesterday, gave a few residents a shower and came out wetter than them with sweat,lol. I am doing 1-1 today so no rushing around only a shower/bath if she wants one.It's going to be another hottie today,so enjoy it whilst you can as it's set to change later in the week.Hope you all have a good day.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 27th Aug 19, 6:22 PM
    • 2,607 Posts
    • 36,904 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Hot, hot, hot. Today was the hottest here so far or seemed to be to me.

Today I took DD1’s son up to meet one of her friends who had won tickets on instagram for Brainiac at the Garrick theatre. She said we had both entered. This was a children’s science show for children. The friend’s daughter and GS really enjoyed it. There were loads of big bangs so it was one of the few times I was pleased my hearing is going a bit. Once we were home it’s taken me ages to recover from the heat.

Looks as though it’s going to cool down in the next few days.

Indie thought of you working in this. Hope you enjoy your time off.

Take care everyone and good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,253Posts Today

6,168Users online

Martin's Twitter