Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emma1994
    • By emma1994 27th Feb 19, 9:21 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    emma1994
    First Craft Fair - Art Commissions
    • 27th Feb 19, 9:21 AM
    First Craft Fair - Art Commissions 27th Feb 19 at 9:21 AM
    Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking of doing my first ever craft fair but not sure what to prepare. I will be selling commssioned artwork (portraits, pets, wildlife) where the buyer would provide a reference photo, choose their paper size and material (pencil, cololured pencil or biro) and I would schedule them in my diary to create the art and post to them once complete (keeping them informed by email with pics on the process).

I will take along some artwork that I have completed to have on show and know I will need some sort of contract for the commissioned work and a receipt book for deposits but not sure what else if anything?

Does anyone do anything similar and have experience to provide me some advice please?

I dont know if I need any type of insuurance (public liability) or anything as it's not a product i'm selling (its just a piece of paper with a drawing on essentially)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Emma
Page 1
    • Elise1912
    • By Elise1912 4th Mar 19, 12:53 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Elise1912
    • 4th Mar 19, 12:53 PM
    • 4th Mar 19, 12:53 PM
    I don't think you would need any type of insurance. Which event is it you're going to? I would take as many of your finished pieces as possible including the images that were provided beforehand so people can see the likeness.
    • oystercatcher
    • By oystercatcher 25th May 19, 6:31 PM
    • 1,931 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    oystercatcher
    • 25th May 19, 6:31 PM
    • 25th May 19, 6:31 PM
    I would suggest also making some generic artwork to sell on the day. So maybe draw popular dog breeds or cats , things for people to impulse buy on the day rather than book up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,007Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter