Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 27th Nov 12, 12:06 PM
    • 36,624 Posts
    • 47,250 Thanks
    • #2
    • 27th Nov 12, 12:06 PM
    • #2
    • 27th Nov 12, 12:06 PM
    Youre household income is assessed for benefits, excluding the DLA, of course.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • electic
    • By electic 27th Nov 12, 7:15 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    • #3
    • 27th Nov 12, 7:15 PM
    • #3
    • 27th Nov 12, 7:15 PM
    It depends on many different factors. I suggest you put your details into an online benefit calculator such as the one at Turn2us - google 'turn2us benefit calculator'. This should give you an idea of whether or not you are entitled to housing/council tax benefit, and if so, how much.
  • CAB Wyre Forest representative
    • #4
    • 28th Nov 12, 8:55 AM
    • #4
    • 28th Nov 12, 8:55 AM
    Hello Eclectic

    In all cases we would advise that you provide all details of your income to the council and then they will assess your entitlement correctly.
    ďOfficial CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe Iíve broken any rules please report my post to as usual"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,700Posts Today

7,184Users online

Martin's Twitter