What small DFW things will you do w/c 17th June?

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: just enjoying a cuppa in the sunshine (well I think that's what it is, it's been a while :rotfl:) before we all get on. List for today:

Load of washing done overnight outside, another quick wash in and that'll go out
    Something out of freezer for tea - check meal plan
    Possible small shop, could last until later in the week, but unlikely to be able to go after today until the weekend. I'll see.
    Go for a run, managed 4 last week. Long may that continue :T
    Check banking. Update my sheet
    Update big budget sheet for an ongoing bill I've renegotiated
    Wfh so no commute :j
    Triage fridge

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning purps :D Lucky WFH - wish I could still do that! Thanks for starting us off :D

Today:

* working :(
    * take all food
    * NSD- maybe? There's always something to get at the moment!
    * pay sewing machine cc!
    * oh to ask his ma if she'll have madam after school today
    * quick shower - must get on!
    * something sewing after work
    * cancel kindle unlimited
    * check onepoll

Thats all have a great day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    For those who are keeping up with my bedroom project! We picked up the £30 2nd hand bed yesterday and put it together last night. Madam's room really starting to look great. Just need to finish woodwork, put up shelves and paint chest of drawers and bureau and it's done :D It is looking great!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for the start PF :)
    No rain, for the moment at least! :T
    Today's plans:
    HG strawberries with breakfast - they aren't loving the weather, but I manage to find a few to go on my cereal most mornings.

Sort out some items to take to my sales unit
    Check banks and update spreadsheet
    I have an ebay item ending today - need to get it packed and ready to post once paid for.
    Some washing
    Food from fridge for lunch and dinner, as there is stuff to use up before I make more
    Back later to update :)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 June 2019 at 11:00PM
    Options
    PurpleFairy Thank you for starting this weeks thread :A

Plans for today:
    PAD Done
    Check 2 recipes on this weeks meal plan and add any ingredients not in stock to the shopping list Done, we were only missing chicken thighs
    Go shopping and stick to the list Done
    Put away ALL the shopping Done
    Record spends Done
    Home educate children Done
    Take snacks and drinks out with us Done
    PMP etc Done
    Check bank accounts Done
    Dry washing on the airer, unless we have a dry day Done, we used the airer
    Make porridge Done
    Make bread Done
    Stick with the meal plan Done
    B/L/D from stores Done
    Wash hair and let it dry naturally Done
    I borrowed a dvd from a friend of a series we are watching
    Arranged a collection of a faulty item we bought online, they are delivering a replacement the same day:)

Being organised:
    Emails, 4 accounts fully upto date - just need to maintain, 1 account - making progress every day, need to keep it up, 1 account - only a little progress so far. Done, kept everything up to date and made progress on one of the accounts, the last account will take longer as it is the account I use for family and friends
    Fill in forms for ds Done
    Sort out pan cupboard, we have recently acquired some more pans, need to decide which ones we are keeping. Done
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

PF - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Need to make this week count and get as much as possible doe before our hols next week, so today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Shopping with list -
    Upload receipts to COS/Shoppix -
    Bake -
    Washing -
    Swagbucks -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner -
    Read Library Book

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Morning all!

Thanks to purps for starting us off

Weather back to usual form here and I'm feeling a bit fed up, although this likely hormonall :o

Normal working day list
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work
    :heartpuls Emptied dehumidifier water into water butt
    :heartpuls Check PMP
    :heartpuls Log cals in free app
    :heartpuls No alcohol

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi sweethearts :wave:

Thanks for the kick off Purps.

Ooh, well jel off your holiday ziggy - looks awesome!!

I'm going to try pizza dough in the bread maker today and use up leftover chicken and veggies

Not got much on today - just got a doc's appt at 3.30pm. We'll walk there rather than drive.

Apart from that just tidying round when baby sleeps and feeding her when she's awake :D

Catch you all on the other side:p
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 June 2019 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks PF for this weeks thread.

Its wet and wild out there today, so a day continuing with the decluttering is my main plan.

Will also need to
    # check banking/update spreadsheet done
    # make families lunches for tomorrow - and remember to make an extra one as ds2 needs one for after normal school hours too.
    # make a chicken curry, using up various veggies from the bottom of the fridge done, well its not going to be a curry after all as I found a spice pack thing my dad had got us ages ago so have used that up instead, really need to reinstate my kitchen use up box as there are quite a few odd bits and pieces in there not getting used up at the minute.
    # update freezer inventory and meal plan around what we have in to avoid the shops for a few days if I can. done
    # get the suitcase down ready to start packing for ds2s school trip (also need him to try on a few clothes before we pack them as he's had a bit of a growth spurt! )
    ** 2 loads of washing done on the quick 30 degree wash and hung on the line as the weather has cleared up a lot!
    ** ironed dh's work shirts, rest of the washing put straight away

Not a lot on there but enough to be getting on with.

Take care all
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    Sounds like everyone is getting stuff sorted ready for the week ahead. DNMS - The room update for your little Madam sounds great. I bet she'll love it.
    Tired this morning.....disturbed night as loud cat fight outside & had to just check it wasn't our lad, as he'd already duffed a cat up earlier in the day. It wasn't, thankfully, as we had a vet visit last week & would prefer not to have another bill for a while. Anyway, a productive morning so far.....the money saving bits on today's list as follows:
    *Another 50p paid into my sealed pot.
    *Checked for surveys, nothing around, but that' fine as I wasn't in the mood for them anyway.
    *Did my mid-month budget check-in & updated grocery budget, etc, after the weekend.
    *Did 3 loads of laundry (one of them on cheaper overnight tariff), so as to get everything dry on this blowy day before big rain/storms/hail/thunder which appears to be forecast for tomorrow & Wednesday.
    *Picked two more cucumbers.
    *Cut some lambs' lettuce, mustard & cress & watercress.
    *Bake a loaf - it's proving atm.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.....apparently extra snacks are important tomorrow as the Earner is working 'in the middle of nowhere'!
    *Lovely leftover lasagne tonight.
    *Find new recipe to cook next week.
    *Resumed two-monthly fish box orders.
    *Write a list of the things I'd like to achieve this week.
    *Think about a low cost outing for Sunday.
    *Liaise with sis over solicitor stuff.
    *Check greenhouse veggies for any pests/problems.
    *Water conservatory plants.
    *Pick more sweet peas.
    *Update my DFW diary.
    That will be my lot today. Shall probably knit later, as I'm not progressing very quickly with my latest stash busting project.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure