Amazon basket price change

Options
I'm a big fan of Amazon, been a prime member for years,but I thought I'd post this slightly cheeky thing I noticed.

I often add stuff to basket, but leave it there until I've got a few things in one go. So I added an item a few days ago for £20, go to check out today and its £27. It does give a warning, and I know Amazon use an algorithm to mess with prices on a daily basis so I'm not overly surprised (and I've had it drop before so I'm not saying they are scamming).

I didn't need that specific item, so i went back to home page and re did the search. Lo and behold, there is the item for £20 with prime delivery. I click on it thinking maybe there's some difference. It says "you bought this item in march 2017". I go back to basket, click on link from there, takes me to the same page, same message at top "you bought this item in 2017". But again £27.

So just a warning to check next time as I think I've probably been stung by this a few times.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And who were you buying from. Many companies sell though amazon. Many companies use prime for delivery.

I assmue, you first choice went up and when you searched you go the cheapest prime offering as it does.

The lesson to learn is do not leave things is your basket for later and expect them to be the best offer. Instead use your list and return to the item later. You know using the system as is logical.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure