Free Google Home Mini with Spotify Family

2»

Comments

• LizPhoenix wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got the email and clicked the link and my mini arrived on Friday. However, I noticed the full £49 had been debited from my bank account. I contacted Google who seemed to be aware that this had happened to some people and advised me to contact Spotify.

I've finally received a response from the payment team at Spotify today simply asking me to check I accessed the offer through the correct site, etc (which I did) and telling me to return the mini I received for a refund, but they haven't mentioned how I am supposed to get my free one!

I tried clicking the link from the email again and clicked to add the mini to my basket, but this brings up a message to say I can't do this as there's a maximum limit I can order.

I'm really not sure what to do now - surely the easiest option would be for Spotify and/or Google to just refund the amount that was debited?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Liz

Liz, this has happened to me too. It said the amount would be deducted at checkout and as you clicked through it never happened and I got charged.
    I refused delivery, contacted google, got a refund. I've emailed spotify several times and they have now effectively said 'tough' you can't get one as you only get one code!!! Even though the code didn't work.
    It appears they don't value all premium customers the same.
  • Kamaya
    Kamaya Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Ebay has been flooded with them now - managed to get one for £14 yesterday :)
    Best competition wins:
    2011 - £3,695 Tag Heuer watch!!
    Debt Free, thanks to MSE Forum advice and support.
  • I received my email with a link last night but when I tried to order this morning, no discount was applied in the basket so I didn’t add card details. (I assume this was whilst the offer was still live).

If I don’t get to claim the offer I’ll be well annoyed to have spent £15 for no reason..
  • MSE haven’t updated the page regarding whether or not those who had signed up for the offer already would actually still be able to claim the free mini home, so wanted to post my experience.
    I contacted Spotify Care on Twitter who were super speedy to respond. They checked my account and said the email link might not work until the £14.99 had been debited from my bank account. (This happened 2 days after having signed up). I tried the link again but had the same problem as someone above mentioned - there was a limit as to how many devices I could claim, ie, one, which was already in my basket at £49 - sans discount! I then decided to delete the item from my basket, closed the browser and tried the email link a third time. It worked! Delivery apparently won’t happen until 14th May but I’m glad Spotify/Google have been true to their word in helping people claim who had already signed up. Good luck everyone, happy googling!
  • Mine came in the post today 😊
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport