Santander Refer a Friend

The Santander referral code scheme is back.
https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Also looks as if existing Santander customers can be referred, and you can switch into an existing Santander account.

FAQ: https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/faqs.php
  • Ooh, this looks good. I've got a spare account I could use for this, and get the OH to refer me. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times

Can we get confirmation on whether Santander will give out £500 in gift cards to a couple who refer each other 5 times?
  • colsten
    Forumite
    pphillips wrote: »
    Can we get confirmation on whether Santander will give out £500 in gift cards to a couple who refer each other 5 times?
    Have you read the T&Cs and the FAQ?
  • colsten
    Forumite
    Anyone needing referral codes, you can check on this thread on the referrer's board https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5966162
  • Does anyone know if you can switch into an existing account without a visit to the branch from past experiences?

All it says online is that if you open an account then you will be asked during the application process and if a existing customers to go into the branch. I know Barclays required a branch visit but all other banks generally allow an online form or phone call.

I don't think my husband can be bothered to do this incentive if a branch visit is required, we've done all the other switch incentives.
  • pphillips
    Forumite
    colsten wrote: »
    Have you read the T&Cs and the FAQ?

Yeah I read them and it doesn't say that it's restricted to one referral per person but my question was if a couple recommended 5 account switches to each other then would Santander actually give them £500 each in gift vouchers?
  • Martin_93
    Martin_93 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2019 at 6:29PM
    Yes you can do the switch into an existing account via the phone , just done it myself call 0800 085 2202
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pphillips wrote: »
    Yes I'm sure we can, in due course.
    Yeah I read them and it doesn't say that it's restricted to one referral per person but my question was if a couple recommended 5 account switches to each other then would Santander actually give them £500 each in gift vouchers?
    No they wouldn't (are you sure you've "read them"?).
  • pphillips
    Forumite
    Yes I'm sure we can, in due course.No they wouldn't (are you sure you've "read them"?).

Yes I read them twice now, you read them and tell me if you find anything. Santander really should say one referral per person in the terms, otherwise what are their lawyers thinking of?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure