Nst november in new york

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Shrewbie - muy bien hecho guapa! ( I sooo love that the old madrileñas call all the girls that!)

F0xh0les - nope, that wasn't cowardice . That was sanity saving, and ensuring your dh gets involved with the boys too!

Today I am grateful for a lovely bunch of pupils who I took to cafe rouge, who behaved impeccably and didn't moan when we had to walk back in the pouring rain, for a free lunch, for my brolly, for dh prepping tea, for dd, for 85% choc, for headspace, for a warm and dry house.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Coxy I'm so sorry to read about your dh's job. I will cross everything that the glimmer of hope pays off.
    Another nsd for me today - busy day at work, and completely non stop for the first 5 hours I was there. No time for anything much else. I've spent 3 hours marking tests since I got home, and also managed to swallow a couple of frogs. Finally got round to texting my ex with one last ditch attempt to get him to sign the paperwork I need signing before I have to take him to court. No response (no surprise). Also I sorted out my tins cupboard and inventoried it all (a scarily large number of tins of ravioli that the kids have hoarded, and peaches which I seem to have hoarded).
    So I am pleased with small bits of progress I've made today :D
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear about your DH's job Coxy, I hope something comes up soon.

Not a NSD here but spends were planned. Had to pay for parking at the chiropractor. Also dropped in on my cousin and met up with a friend for lunch. Spends all within reason. I also ordered my Xmas dinner (my mum for some reason can't cater for a veggie so I just bring my own, much easier!).

Almost had a major non-MSE wobble today. After a dreadful and painful night's sleep which ended with me on the sofa, I started measuring up for a new bed, went online, added it to my cart and was in the process of checking out when I stopped myself. I think a new, larger bed with a decent mattress is definitely needed, but I was about to apply for £1,000 finance for the thing and that's not how I want to do it. I don't mind borrowing if absolutely necessary but I think I'll be paying emergency tax for the next couple of months with the change in job so the last thing I need is extra outgoings. Tonight I've got the spare duvet out, sofa bed is made in case I need to move. Think I'll just use that as my backup plan until such time as I can get a new bed. This definitely needs to be a priority but with minimal or no borrowing!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • Coxy- so sorry to hear about your job. everything crossed for your new role xx
  • Hi all

Just done a huge on line shop for next week using an 8 pound off Tesco voucher & free delivery trial. Still a NSD as the money won't come out yet.So, I now have £50 left. But only one more shop so I'll be fine!!

Swallowed a frog & sorted my kids toys & craft cupboard. Next week's job is to clean & sell our pram :cool:

Grateful for- hub getting the time off for Butlins in May :T , having full cupboards and a roof over our head, for my lovely book gifted by a friend xx
  • NSD - Another NSD for me today making it 9/20 - I did spend £1.17 in the co-op but it was all ys and about 1/4 of full price.

ORGANISE - I travelled to visit ddil and grandchildren today. My 2.5 hour journey each way was well organised including snacks and flask of coffee etc.

ENJOY - Great time visiting today.

EXERCISE - Lots of walking today and some in the pouring rain. I walked up and down the same hill six times visiting ddil and then collecting dgs from nursery and older two dgc from school. It took 10 minutes each ascent except taking youngest home when it took 20 minutes in the rain. Total walk each way took between 15 and 35 minutes.

NOW - Still not great with the healthy eating.

No - No takeaway, I took a flask of coffee and a cracker with philly for outward journey. Returning home I had a flask of coffee and a biscuit.

OUTSIDE - Outside loads.

Report - Here although short and sweet tonight

Absolutely exhausted now xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 November 2018 at 11:46AM
    Slow quiet day for me. Slept well, then slept some more. Did a slow shop (with lots of resting on benches) and the on to mum's. Yawning now.

Today I am grateful for not getting caught in the rain, for the bare branches, leaves that were there at weekend seem to have been stripped away and for central heating (mum kept turning hers up).

Hugs Coxy hope something turns up soon. I think the uncertainty is a killer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Saving_Glut
    Saving_Glut Posts: 212 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2018 at 6:27AM
    Coxy, wishing your husband luck in securing a new role asap.

NSDs: 6/15.

Extra income: £184.76, includes £2.50 cashback earned yesterday, but confirmed today.

Kindness: Donated to colleagues Movember challenge. He looks increasingly like Magnum P.I. with each days growth.

Eat those frogs:
    Must complete taxes, so close but not there yet!
    IO BTL1 Mortgage was £97,693.54 on 09/08/18; £83,140 on 31/12/19.:D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 12: #078: £150.36
    Save £12k in 2020;
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all:j

Thanks for all the well wishes appreciate them massively

Sorry to hear your news Coxy, do hope it works out for you

NSDs Now 5/15

ORGANISE your time. Out today for the first time feeling a bit better. Have not been telling DH as he would make us go home early! shopping today in Killarney, I drove there & DH drove back.

VALUES Differentiate between needs and wants. Purchases today as this is our Christmas shopping trip.

ENJOY yourself. Did today although tiring. Getting better thank goodness.

MAKE an inventory of the food in your cupboards, fridge and freezer at the start of the month. Have quite a bit of food in these cupboards too but will be eating out tomorrow as its my birthday.

BUDGETS should be set before the start of the month.

EXERCISE 4 times a week, 20 minutes a day. Walking round lots of shops

RULES Turtle rules can be difficult at first. Following the plan as best I can.

IN case of emergency Add any items you might need Still have hospital mess to take, loads of pills. Expected it to cost lots but was only 8€

NOW is always the right time to start. Not healthy at all but pledge to start after tomorrow

NO takeaways, Gorgeous fish & chips today

EVERYONE Am DF but always could do with more savings towards experiences or holidays. Have some funds I need to pay back to business account, also for items bought in last spending spree... so need to account for those items by December 31. Pending.

EXTRA Have a ton of stuff that needs to be sold. Will deal with when back from hols. On back burner.

WINTER Front door looks good in its new weatherproof coat and should be good for 10 years according to paint tin. Still need to do a little bit of filling & another coat, but pretty pleased with the result.

YOU should cook from scratch Sort of did this as we had an unexpected guest. Does toast count?

OUTSIDE Only dodging the showers

REPORT regularly I'm here, finally

KINDNESS Being kind to myself today

Go Turtles !!!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Morning turtles!

Finally a NSD yesterday so up to 6/15. Also got my walking in despite the rain. Love this time of year when I'm walking back from work through the city at dusk with the street lights coming on and all the buildings lit up.

Frogs: I have a couple of work frogs which I am going to gulp down as soon as I get to the office, rather than putting them off.

DH is puttering around the house, making it cosy for the winter. We have a new fireguard, the lamps have been upgraded and we have discovered heat logs give a steady warmth without the smoke. This will be our first winter in the new house, and it's amazing having double glazing and proper insulation - no condensation inside the windows, no damp, we hardly need to run the central heating and it just feels weather tight and safe. Such a contrast from our rattly, draughty, damp and cold rented house and I am so grateful we found it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure