DigiDocs required for Natwest Reward switch?

Recently switched my account to Natwest Reward account and had an email confirmation that everything had completed.

Over a week later, I had another email asking for some personal documents such as passport, driving license etc to complete the application. This also had my customer ID within it.

I have spoken to the Natwest account team who say the account has fully switched and doesn't know why those emails would come through. She put me through to the fraud team just to check, who said he thinks he has heard of DigiDocs but that was about as far as it went! All in all they were pretty clueless about DigiDocs and their part in an account switch from another bank.

Not very impressed here at all so far.

Comments

• Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I applied for a new NatWest account yesterday, and today received an email inviting me to use DigiDocs to upload some photo ID. This email contained part of a Customer Number, but the other half obscured with Xs. So it seems like they have assigned me a Customer Number, but not told me what it is yet.

I'm awaiting documentation through the post before doing anything.
  • DigiDocs is NatWest's digital document upload system where you upload documents instead of presenting them in branch. I wouldn't be worrying about it being a fraud thing, unless you start to get emails for a second account being opened or something. I agree it is odd though that you have confirmation that the account is opened, but they are still requesting documents - you'd think the banks would satisfy their account opening checks BEFORE opening the accounts.
  • They invite you to send the digidocs, as it's automatic but if you've already in the past been a nat west customer all you need to send them is the signed agreement. I called them similarly, was sent an invitation to upload digidocs, she said she didn't know why i was sent this, it's probably an automatic email that gets sent out. She said all i needed to send was my signature on the agreement in the post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure