PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1) sunshine - wore a summer dress
    2) lunch time still sunshine
    3) going home still sunshine
    4) did I mention the sunshine?
    5) £20vouchers for filling in 2 week long survey
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening all :)

(((Barbara-the-hen)))
    Mhags, thanks for the reminder about library books - I've got two overdue ones as well that I'd forgotten about! :o

Five pleasures for Thursday:

1. The lovely weather but made it down to allotment a bit earlier today so I didn't get quite so hot as yesterday - I gave up at lunchtime then returned after supper.

2. Took a load of recycling from the plot to the dump - everything is suddenly starting to look very tidy.

3. Good chat with some of my elderly neighbours whom I hadn't seen for ages.

4. My next year's NUS card arrived - am doing a course where I can get one - and that means 10% discount again at our local Co-Op. The card pays for itself very quickly.

5. Cheery phone call with my mum who said she's feeling enthusiastic about doing some more family history again. I've been hoping for a while that she'd be up to doing some more.

Sweet dreams :)

B x
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Broomstick My little blue cards have saved us so much money in the Coop. I got some good rtc bargains with extra 10% off last night, while dropping off the latest EBay parcels. :j

Recent Pleasures.......

1. DH birthday yesterday. he was very pleased with his presents. Mostly because he bought them himself, and I just had to wrap them. We also had fish and chips for tea, so no cooking. :D

2. Making egg carton dragons (St George!!!8217;s Day) with a DT group. So much fun!

3. Sunshine and warmth.

4. DD will be home today.

5. Theatre on Tuesday, saw a really good play.

Have a lovely day. :)

(Off to read back for a few minutes before the madness begins!!!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2018 at 8:33AM
    1. The sunshine.

2. I worked in a room today that I hadn't been in for about 3 weeks, it overlooks woods and the difference in the trees was incredible. Lovely and green. A great view. It makes up for the Times when my window looks into a brick wall 5 foot away.

3. Enjoyed my walk home across fields. Texting a friend as I walk.

4. Chat with a neighbour.

5. A drink in the garden with DH.

6. Salad and quiche for tea. No complaints that it was vegetarian.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Aw Barbara, glad you are being cosseted by your chicken pals.

Thursday pleasures,

Warm, sunny and like DD I wore a dress!

Most of the day spent outside, mostly in the shade as fair skinned but good to feel the warmth.

The big old bumbles coming out of their nests in the grass and droning around, the green blush finally showing on the beech trees and the pear tree in cream, fluffy blossom.

Goats cheese and pepper frittata for tea, eaten outside of course.

My DSIL and her partner popped over for the evening, drinking wine as the twilight fell and the bat starting circling the house.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2018 at 2:49PM
    Still locked out from mse, no way in via mob., no answer from Techie Probs/Contact Us team. Tried again with another em 2 days ago. Not even acknowledged. None of them have been.
    This Be Slo-Mo Desktop mode....and uh-oh, just heard a Ping! Everything frozen, then blue, and & feared another disappear.....40 seconds later, safely back.
    #
    1, Sunshine, blue sky, with more digging/weeding as I pass.

2. Unexpected banking done. Grateful, as no Spits yesterday with car awaiting Mon 9am Fenboys surgery. Not sensible to risk bigger travels, stock-loaded, until 4 matters various are sorted.

3. So much noisy loud birdsong. Lovely to be amid+beneath it, chatting back to them. Keeping water fresh and munchy allsorts topped up.

4. Lucky rtc emporium tiramisus yday, all given, 3 and 1, to 2 friends en route back:-)

5. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/20/jacinda-ardern-maori-cloak-buckingham-palace-new-zealand
    #
    Frith - will Barbara make it through today? Samantha and Marigold, also great names, well-chosen :-)
    Broomstick - some plants, especially ericaceous, appreciate boiled, hence deionised, water.
    vl - good to read the lift changed room view gave you.
    m&m - ditto your well-worked lunch-break and reading real book. From postie yday.
    https://www.amazon.com/Beast-Camargue-Xavier-Marie-Bonnot-ebook/dp/B00LSX525G
    & has just discovered Xavier-Marie Bonnot. Oui, absolument! :-),translated or no.

#
    Looks as if we've lost TMS from proper wireless. Is nothing sacred? Might be back to early 50s enzed and Winston McCarthy commentating on All Black matches distant and far, at silly clox. Reception fitful at best. Moments of excitement meant WM's voice rising. ABs heading for try line: meant everything cut out. We just had to hope!
    https://teara.govt.nz/en/biographies/5m5/mccarthy-winston-john
    Speaking of le ballon ovale, last home Club match demain - and tricky - last week's away loss, 13 - 7.
    #
    Might get around one day to the glories of Charles I - King and Collector at the RA last Saturday, certainly an OS pleasure, historically. Utterly dazzling and wonderful! So, so glad I went.
    Happy weekends to all, with sun and warms and sparkling times, as productive or relax-y as you want them to be. Constant changes of mind permitted/expected/exhorted, as and when. Toodle-pip.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 1) Being home!

2) Being in the quiet of the village and not in the middle of a large and noisy city!

3) Being just the two of us again.

4) A picking of asparagus is ready for supper tonight if I'm still awake (debatable)!

5) 2 free days before the family who I've been sitting descend on us here for a few days, hopefully I will have recovered enough to welcome them!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1 I skived off what I was supposed to be doing and curled up to watch Goodbye Mr Tom instead.:o
    2 Probate has come through, a relief.
    3 I loaded up the car for a tip run, and I gave the front and back garden its first mow of the season to include the cuttings on the tip run, left a handful out for the birds who were down for them. Ordered in some roundup weed killer as it’s the same price delivered as it is to go get it – no brainer.
    4 Dinner will be all sorts of veg disguised under a white sauce and fish.
    5 A couple of washing loads hung out and bought in.
    6 Booked tickets to see Jasper Carrott, I will wrap them around the a dvd of the same for our anniversary present.
    7 Weeded the bottom of the garden and planted all along with various coloured aubretias hoping for a wall of colour.
    8 A lovely little walk along to the hospital for a blood test and back.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bedtime for me & I was glad to climb in tonight.

Nice doggy walks.

Chats with various friendly faces throughout my day. The pleasure of being home when I know do many people is mainly a good thing ( can occasionally feel intrusive) .

Continued fence painting done. Another 2 panels X 3 coats each. With a little help from DD2 who said she felt nauseous then was promptly sick on the grass! That hurts apparently when you've had your tonsils out.

Son had surprise driving test. He failed. He is not used to failing but hit a kerb 5 minutes from end and that's an instant fail. He was supposed to sit it next month but bit of a mix up with instructors availability & was told this morning at 10am he could do it today at 1pm. He was really disappointed but hey! He will not hit a kerb next time.

Climbers went climbing & are just back in & visitor making their dinner out the contents of my fridge. I've left them to it.

Popped down to friends as they were kindly printing somethings for me, other friend called to see if we were in, said we'd be back in an hour. They were here for a couple of hours. Enough talking for one day.

Sun was shining but by no means warm. Pleasantly mild I think you'd call it. Ankles were bared!

Quick chat to DD1 . I'd had mail in Aus. Saying I was getting some money from OHs pension ( even though it was paid out so I don't know why but thank you anyway) it's a cheque which is a pain as I'm here and it's for there... Shall sort it out somehow!

Birds and bees of the bird and bee kind. Lots of busy bumble bees. Huge! Very busy birdies. A joy to see. Trees bursting in bud. Blossom flowering. The smell of cut grass. Just seemingly all of a sudden.

A good day :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,153 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son had a good day at school and bigger son spent much of the day out with his friends (has just gone back out on his bike with the money for a pizza).

3) I dusted and cleaned the living room, washed the cushion covers etc.

4) Went to see the hens and THREE ran to the fence! I'm still amazed. Barbara still breathing laboriously but walking about, eating and looking around her.

5) Went to Malvern with my sister and she bought her three hens.

6) Fish and chips from the van for tea.

7) Bigger son and I went down to the allotment again at 6pm and all hens still OK.

8) Watched HIGNGY and will listen to the radio in a minute.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback