Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    laineybird2000 - valid claim, read Vauban's Guide then search this forum for bird strike.
  • Locke
    Locke Posts: 485 Forumite
    Teletext wrote: »
    HI Locke

Is it possible if you could give us the lead passenger's name on the booking please.

Regards
    Teletext Holidays.

The lead passengers name is Lesley Scally.

Many thanks.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Hi Locke

Thank you for providing further information, our team has contacted you directly to inform you regarding delayed flight.

Regards

Customer Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Locke
    Locke Posts: 485 Forumite
    Just to say thank you to Teletext, we've had an email from Easyjet saying they have received authorisation from you and that we will receive our cheques in the next four weeks.

Your intervention was much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Hi Locke

We are happy your query has now been resolved, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Regards

Teletext Holidays.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • torelocks
    torelocks Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 13 October 2015 at 12:29PM
    Hi all,
    First post here.

I hope these questions haven't been answered, but I have looked on MSE's site & forums and read Vauban's guide.

Last weekend I had a disastrous journey with easyjet, flying from Gatwick to Bupapest (somewhat ironically, this is 1460km...).

The outbound flight was cancelled, with a replacement the next morning. I expect that we will get compensation for that as it was caused by a combination of an electrical issue and crew going over their hours.
    The return flight had issues also. In the end we landed about 2.30am after it was delayed 178 minutes according to flightstats.co.uk.

1. EUClaim says to not bother claiming the return flight, probably because it is 2 minutes under the 3 hour mark. However, in Vauban's guide, it mentions the 'Henning judgement' which is that the arrival time is when the doors are opened. With this, we were over the 3 hour mark as the taxi in was about 10-15 minutes. Is it worth pursuing this, citing the Henning judgement?

2. In the case that the return flight is worth pursuing, is it better to send off a claim for multiple flights together or is it usually best to keep claims separate?

Thanks in advance
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Deal with claims individually.
    Check with another NWNF in respect of return delay. Return is so close to 180 minute threshold I would seriously consider using NWNF rather than conducting own case whereas outgoing seems clearer.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Keep claims seperate and yes put 2nd claim in.
    Is there anyway you can confirm the time the doors opened?
    I don't think flightstats can be relied on in court by either party.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi, thank you for the replies.
    I will submit the claims separately. I'll try resolver for the 1st and maybe a NWNF for the 2nd one.

As for the 2nd flight, I don't have a way to confirm the landing time unfortunately. Looking again at flight stats, the 178 minutes stated is apparently for when the doors opened. Strangely enough, this time was updated later that day (suspicious?).
  • Hiya all

I'm at the third letter stage with easyjet. We booked our holiday via teletext and had a 7 hour delay.

Delay was due to a bird strike, a valid claim, but ej still saying no. How do I proceed? The link to the guide appears to be gone?

Many thanks. We were a party of 6, so it's a fair bit of money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback