Pension advice

Hi,was looking thru old paperwork and found 3 receipts for a personal pension plan for 3 different dates,from a door to door salesman,after paying cash the salesman never returned,although these weren't Hugh amounts £240 being the highest I was wondering if I would be entitled to any refund. These were took out in the 90s and I have receipts.thanks for any feedback.ta

Comments

• Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    'Refund' isn't quite the right term but if they total no more than £2,000 you should be able to 'trivially commute' them if you are aged at least 55. If you have receipts you clearly know the name of the provider (or at least what they were called at the time you made the payments - google to see if they've changed their name, or come back and ask here if necessary), so contact them for more information.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    As Dox says. The 'usual suspects' in this field were the Co-op, Prudential and Pearl - so if your plan was with one of these then it should be fairly easy to track down.

Don't start planning your shopping expedition yet, though - with this sort of money it may be that the admin charges/agents commission were greater than any investment growth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure