Capital One PPI claim..... HELP!

Options
I wonder if anyone can help I have been told via a claims company that Capital One will not proceed as apparently I had a Debt Management Plan, IVA or was declared bankrupt.... None of which is true.... Anyone had the same and what did you do next.... Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your post doesn't make much sense.

What do you mean by 'not proceed'?

And what has this claims company got to do with it all? Have you employed them to buy you a stamp, or have they just randomly contacted you?
  • Dottybird
    Options
    I have engaged a PPI reclaim company to chase my claim with Capital One but they have advised of the following... "We have received a response to our information request from Capital One, and they have stated that they are unable to provide details because you were either in a DMP, an IVA or bankrupt. This means that another party has a financial interest, and you are unable to proceed without their authorisation".

This absolutely is not the case.... So stick as where to go next.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You would advise Cap One that that is not the case.

The claims company has probably sent in the wrong details for you, or sent you a response meant for someone else.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please use this as an opportunity to get rid of the claims firm. They literally do not do anything you cannot do yourself and then keep around 25% of your refund. Complain directly to the lender
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I would agree - do NOT use a firm. Do it yourself. They basically put a stamp on an envelope and earn around 30% of your redress. Ive done it all myself and so far gotten back nearly £2k myself - all for completing forms and answering some questions.
  • mrcambo
    Options
    Just regards of ppi it’s capital one I raised a issue with them January last year of my 10year credit card then February they shut my account down cause I claimed ppi then to follow on and say it was wrongly applied for from start but if I didn’t claim ppi I would still have my account how can they get away with this I have never missed payment in 10 year also built credit from 200 to 1400 then they do that
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 January 2019 at 6:10PM
    Options
    how can they get away with this
    I'm not sure . .

:huh:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mrcambo wrote: »
    Just regards of ppi it’s capital one I raised a issue with them January last year of my 10year credit card then February they shut my account down cause I claimed ppi then to follow on and say it was wrongly applied for from start but if I didn’t claim ppi I would still have my account how can they get away with this I have never missed payment in 10 year also built credit from 200 to 1400 then they do that

Could you add a smattering of punctuation into that?
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If they closed your account down it was t because to complained about PPI - it may however be due to information that has come to light as part of your complaint i.e. giving circumstances in your complaint that do not match those in your application which may grave give cause for concern.

Ultimately only Capital One tell you why they closed your account (although be aware they don’t have to) if you are unhappy with their response take your complaint to FOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure