PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• Hi again, I got a letter a couple of days after i originally posted, basically stating that they were upholding my complaint and refunding me £470.77 which will return me to the position i would have been in had i not had ppi by repaying me my share of of the premiums and interest minus tax, it then breaks down the refund into£ 243.76 redress, interest £283.77 minus tax of £56.76, I think I will write to them and see if they will send me anymore information because thinking back I repaid the original loan early but there will still have been 2- 3 years of monthly payments. thanks
  • Got a cheque for £4,561 yesterday from Barclaycard. Had no idea I had paid PPI, all old statements had been shredded long since, so finding a rogue one about 6 mths ago triggered a letter. Never in my wildest dream did I expect to get that much!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I got a letter a couple of days after i originally posted, basically stating that they were upholding my complaint and refunding me £470.77 which will return me to the position i would have been in had i not had ppi by repaying me my share of of the premiums and interest minus tax, it then breaks down the refund into£ 243.76 redress, interest £283.77 minus tax of £56.76,
    That's a full refund, mate.
    No point pursuing this any further unless you have very compelling evidence that you paid more than they are refunding.

The Ombudsman will not (and cannot) force the Bank to refund you more than the records show you actually paid.
    Sorry, but you'll have to be content with your few £hundred.
  • After using the template , no paper work btw it was an old loan of 5 k , I got £1200 back !

Very surprised TBH .

Other loans I've had are to old , I have a mortgage with Nationwide building society , anyone know if these mis sold ppi ?
  • So, a letter came through about my late fathers PPI on an old monument card.

I remember him having others so I sent off letters requesting SAR’s to those providers. Capital One took about 6 weeks.

My father had clearly ticked the PPI box. Which was fine, so I decided not to do anything further. The next day a letter came through stating he was entitled to a Plevin refund and the cheque would be sent out in next10 days for £219.20

That was on 4th January so it should be here soon.

I wrote ONE letter and sent off my passport and his death certificate with the original letter.

If you’re wondering about doing it, don’t. Just send it off. If you get nothing, you’re no worse off but now my sister and I can buy a little treat and treat our mum too.

Even if you aren’t sure about PPi etc, just send a letter. It’ll cost you the price of a stamp and you could be a little bit richer in a number of weeks!
  • A few weeks before Christmas when there wasn’t much on TV, I went online to the Halifax’s website to enquire if I’d had PPI on a loan I had in the early 2000’s. It turned out that I’d had four (!) and last week I had £3097 paid into my account. Nearly £350 in tax to come back as well so all I can say is “if in doubt, ask”.
    On a side note I also did the same with Bradford & Bingley re PPI on a mortgage, and although we did have it was only in my exes name, but I haven’t told her yet as her new husband isn’t my biggest fan but we do get on okay.
  • Form to fill in from Barclays to claim for payment break insurance for 2 monument credit cards I had years ago my memory not good now {78} filled in form best I could as I have no paper work got letter back showing credit card numbers but say they need more time what should happen now hope I have put this in the correct place
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SUSU wrote: »
    Form to fill in from Barclays to claim for payment break insurance for 2 monument credit cards I had years ago my memory not good now {78} filled in form best I could as I have no paper work got letter back showing credit card numbers but say they need more time what should happen now hope I have put this in the correct place

Wait for a response from them, an older card does take time to find details for. You have the right to refer to the FOS (ombudsman) after 8 weeks though this will just hold up your complaint.
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2019 at 1:24PM
    • What were you reclaiming: PPI
    • Who was the provider: Welcome Finance
    • How much did you get back: £1759.16
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Online via Resolver
    I filled in the form on Resolver and sent it off back in November. I had a few letters via my email from FSCS saying they were looking into the claim. Then, before christmas, I got a pack from them asking me to sign paperwork explaining my claim and also give my bank details. I didnt hear anything else except get another letter to say they were still looking into it and trying to get the paperwork from Welcome. The time passed and it was time to escalate so I did so via Resolver.

I got a letter about 2 weeks later from the Ombudsman saying they are only allowed to look into certain claims and this wasnt a possiblility. About an hour later I got an email from FSCS saying 'Final Decision' which I assumed was just them saying they couldnt progress my claim.

It was in fact a letter saying my claim had been upheld and I was due compensation. This totals £1759.16 and the money will be paid into my bank in 10 days. The total claim was £1954.62 but they are only authorised to pay up to 90% of the total claim.

To say I was shocked is an understatement. I dropped my phone!

All I did was fill in the form online and complete the paperwork they sent me - I had NO paperwork of my own and only a vague recollection of the loan.

IT IS WORTH TRYING! Dont even think twice about it :)
  • Hi there I’ve raised issue with capital one last January about 10 year credit card says I have misss sold ppi on it but then February they says my account was wrongly applied for so there fore can’t give me my claim then closed account I never missed payment built credit from 200 to 1400 all because I’ve wanted claim they do this to me any one any advice
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback