Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Taking final salary pension early

Options
2»

Comments

• Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "I'm an old man at 67" interesting perspective, and one which I don't agree with personally.

I'm younger btw.
    Space available for rent
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    67 isn't old!

My parents are in their mid 70's and travelling all over the world. They've just sold their narrow boat which they lived on for 50% of the year. Both still very young at heart, fit and well.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    .. I'm an old man at 67.i won't need it

Have we timewarped back to 1970?

People aged 67 are the equivalent of those aged 47 in the 1970s in terms of health and fitness and life expectancy.

Also, it is unlikely the DB pension has a scheme age of 67. Especially if it has a protected early scheme age of 50.

What is the cost of taking it at 50? I suspect it comes at great cost.

Its a shame this thread wasnt in the pension section where it belonged as it would have had greater discussion.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure