Free cheese strings snack mix on Shopmium
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I love decluttering too but always time consuming when you're a bit of a hoarder:rotfl:

I got my first invite from Kantar in a very long time. It came at 1.05 when I was safely tucked up in bed. Get what you were all on about now.
    Of course spaces were all gone the time I logged in;)

me too............AGAIN!! :mad::mad::mad:
    essex girl in exile
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all :wave:

My DS just telling me about this.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/iceland-supermarkets-giving-free-ice-13227205

Any NHS workers here :D
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Free cheese strings snack mix on Shopmium
    michaels wrote: »
    PM box now sorted.

Groupon - only ever bought 4 vouchers, 3 of which have been cancelled and refunded a few weeks later :mad:
    So I mentioon this once and get 5 failed PMs, mention it again and no one bothers to answer :(
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Morning peeps.

I think I need di to declutter at mine

Well done, so was it 30 kg of clothes?
    Some stores here are 60p a kg others 50p.
    I give loads to the charity shop, now wondering if I should do this?!

60p/kg is good - locally it is hard to find better than 40p. Our kids have had so many clothes most are in hardly worn ebayable condition - however it is getting the time to list and ship that is the problem, in theory having a SAHW should be all that is needed but she is too much of a technophobe so it is quicker to do it myself than explain (again) how to do it :(
    I think....
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    So I mentioon this once and get 5 failed PMs, mention it again and no one bothers to answer :(

60p/kg is good - locally it is hard to find better than 40p. Our kids have had so many clothes most are in hardly worn ebayable condition - however it is getting the time to list and ship that is the problem, in theory having a SAHW should be all that is needed but she is too much of a technophobe so it is quicker to do it myself than explain (again) how to do it :(

Us women aren t daft you know ;)

Costa s on wuntu now

and Good Morning all :)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Morning all.

I think it must be the time of the year for decluttering. Either that or the pristine and immaculate houses they view on Location

Saturday afternoon it was raining so I got OH off the sofa and under the stairs were cleared out. Mostly it was cardboard boxes and bubble wrap but also there was 3 huge Ald sized bag fulls of OHs flypast, Top gear and rail mags which had travelled all around the house, no one wanting to deal with them. Last Christmas having run out of time I put them under the stairs. No one has read or looked at them in years. OH insisted in taking them to the charity shop (he did ring first to check)
    One jacket of OHs dating back about 20 years and in tatters I persuaded him to put into the rag collection.
    I've got 2 big bags of rucksacs and jackets for the charity shop.
    Otherwise a nice clean tidy under the stair cupboard with the 2 boxes of Christmas wine, Christmas glasswear and table decorations. I can get to the food storage shelves, the vaccum is tucked away and OH has access to his tool box.
    One cardboard box has gone back underneath with a cat blanket in :)

I've got a pile of old lever arch files out from under the desk - no response from the local FB page yet but Olio has a non food section and then there is always Freecycle

OH was up in the loft last night and came down with 2 dragons in a box - not entirely sure who they belong to but its not me. They are going with the rucksac and jacket collection.

OH says something is living in the shed and I am biting my tongue. I have suggested on numerous occassions that it needs emptying and tidying - we had months of good weather for doing exactly that. We had Errant son home for a year to manhandle heavy stuff and to do tip runs if need be. Instead OH said no, the shed it falling down and we need a new one. If we do get a new shed that is exactly what will have to happen, shed tidying. In the meantime we have something living in the shed .
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • At Halfords

I've done a 'click&collect' for it so I know it'll definitely be there :).

Thank you to whoever it was that gave the link for the O2 SIM with £10 credit. Mine arrived very quickly and so quick to re-activate Priority. I paid £5.49 so by the time I've picked up the £5 screenwash it'll have almost paid for itself already!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    . Our kids have had so many clothes most are in hardly worn ebayable condition - however it is getting the time to list and ship that is the problem, in theory having a SAHW should be all that is needed but she is too much of a technophobe so it is quicker to do it myself than explain (again) how to do it :(

Have you got a local FB mums group - on ours quite a few of the mums sell the outgrown and excess children's clothes - doing the drop offs and collecting at school pick up time - not for massive amounts but it saves on the Ebay and paypal fees and postage and the uncertainty. Plus its much easier - just a photo and a brief description and a note as to what school your child is at
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • All our unwanted clothes either get weighed in for cash (I think it's 60p per kg) or put on fb, apart from the really ropey stuff that's only fit for the re-cycling bin :)
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport