Dog friendly holidays

My partner and I are thinking of going on holiday around Easter time and were looking for dog friendly places to stay for 3-4 nights. I've never looked for such a holiday before so was wondering if anyone knew some decent areas or websites to start looking at?

Comments

• essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What sort of area are you looking at and are you going to book direct to the park?
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hoseasons have dog friendly accommodation, not all accept pets but a lot do, some are free for two dogs, others charge £25.

I've taken several holidays through Hoseasons over the years, but am looking to use them again this year and take the hound with us :D

What part of the UK you looking at as that will help with recommend accommodation.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The Parkdean sites have dog friendly accommodation (and there are offers on at the moment on the Sun and Breakfree voucher deals).

We have just booked a week's holiday this spring at what looks to be a nice hotel on the Gower. They have cottages in the hotel grounds where you can stay with your dog, it's right on the beach (where dogs are allowed) and they have a section of the dining room where you can even dine with your dog.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We are going to a Parkdean site on the I sle of wight early June , Although he's been to the IOW before this is the first time here , i think its an extra £40 for him .
  • Jellybro
    Jellybro Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We stayed at Avalon lodges in Cornwall. Booked through Hosessons. A couple of the lodges are dog friendly.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have often used booking.com and filtered to pet friendly.

We have had few breaks this way, at some great places. I have also used the break free holiday site again filtered to dog friendly.

There's lots out there.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We have used holidaycottages.co.uk to book dog friendly places three times. They have all been very good and we are going to another one next week with our dog near Norfolk.
    I will send you details of some if you PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure