riser recliner chair

hi all
can any one point me in the direction of where best to look for a recliner riser chair in leather please
is there anything i should keep away from or look for many thanks kt

Comments

• TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    When my mother wanted one I looked at so many companies and different places online, reviews, prices etc and it is so difficult to know where to buy.

There are a number of leather rise and recliners from a company I found, Fenetic_trading' which are on ebay (who also sell all sorts of equipment for people with disabilities and mobility problems), where I got one for my mother, and then my brother also bought from them - they both have the 'Cavendish electric riser and recliner chair rise recline mobility armchair'. My mother has a 'single motor' chair in brown, and my brother bought the 'dual motor chair in cream. These have cup holders also, and they are comfortable. They have the dual motor cavendish at £279.99 and single motor at £249.

I am planning to buy a chair from them - the Canterbury leather chair which also has massage and heat.

Remember that if you are on benefit for mobility problems you will be VAT exempt.

There are many companies who sell rise and recliner chairs. I have found this company very helpful and have a good customer service. Hope this helps.
  • ktate
    ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
    mant thanks for the info and your so right its a mine field the ones your on about iv seen to and liked them im not botherd about the heat and massage they will never get me out of it lol price wise is it better to pay more for quality or is the leather not real leather how come your looking at the canturberry has against the cavendish im reg disabled so would expect it to be vat free the sizes they give out there are a few chairs that seem to be for very short people and at 6 foot i prefer a chair that is hirer off the floor i was going to get somone to come and demo at home but they like double glazing sales man will take on board what you have said and again thank you kt
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    I know you can pay hundreds more for a chair, I was a little nervous purchasing the first one from them as I was buying without seeing it, especially as it wasn't for me, but it was really good and she liked it.

It has been around 6 years since I purchased the first one from them, and after that my brother liked it and purchased one for his wife who really loves it. I just fancy the canturury one ... the style etc. Fenetic trading are good in answering any questions you may have ... you can ask about measurements, which chair would suit a tall person, the quality of the leather etc.

It doesn't always follow that you have to pay double (or more) for such a chair. When/if you do purchase a chair (wherever you buy) you have to state that you are vat exempt.
  • ktate
    ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
    Hi i took on board what yo said that was very help full
    i had to go to the Q E hOSPITAL in birmingham they told me to go to the merry hill on the way there there was a care n go anyway im really glad we went in the chairs are all sizes and prices the lady was brill really helped us out no preasure to purchase just good sensable answers we liked one that we are thinking of ordering it is £550 but it has everything great for mobility massage heat ect and it is deliverd free the next day she took all the measurments with the back down step up and we just have to check them in our living room really happy we went and called and really appreciate your info to which was most helpfull thank you kt
  • It might be too late for you now, but it's a good idea to go for a made to measure riser recliner chair so that it provides the best support

A company I k ow of is Rise & Recline who make theirs in the UK They are pricier but the chairs are made to measure: https://www.riseandrecline.co.uk/riser-recliner-chairs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure