Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surprised to see all the positive feedback on here. Just switched to Avro and got the "supply now live" type e-mail asking me for meter readings. Followed the link and got "Sorry an Error Occurred.
    Sorry, something has gone wrong. Our team has been notified and will try to correct the problem. Please try again later."
    Have you set up an online account with them - username/password etc?

I got the same email last week and had no problems submitting my reading.

Maybe try a different browser?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • LiGhTfasT
    LiGhTfasT Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad i've read this as I planned to switch to them. I'm thinking Tonik with the referral is worth the extra £6 a year now.
  • Divinghamster
    Options
    Switched to AVRO earlier this year, and to be honest it was the smoothest switch I have had. The online account is as basic as you could wish for, no jargon, just plain simple details, and each page easy to navigate to. The monthly meter readings you need to supply are again easily done. Absolutely no complaints.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    . . The monthly meter readings you need to supply are again easily done. Absolutely no complaints.
    Hi Divinghamster and welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you've had no problems. I've recently switched to Avro and I am hoping for the same experience.

I've recently entered my meter readings online but can't yet find any reading history - I just wanted to confirm closing readings with my previous suppler. Is your meter-reading history available in the online account?

Thanks.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Divinghamster and welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you've had no problems. I've recently switched to Avro and I am hoping for the same experience.

I've recently entered my meter readings online but can't yet find any reading history - I just wanted to confirm closing readings with my previous suppler. Is your meter-reading history available in the online account?

Thanks.
    I switched from EDF in August 2016 and everything has been fine since then including the annual renewal in August 2017 to the best new rate.

For your history, you will need to click on meter readings then gas or electricity then history. Avro hold 6 months of readings in the online history but I cannot remember how quickly the first reading appeared in Avro. It was certainly there when my first monthly statement was produced.

PS: You may find that the usage history graph figures are not correct. I tried to work out how they were compiled from my monthly statements but never succeeded.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I switched on 15th of this month to Avro and submitted meter readings as requested just before that.

I logged in yesterday to do up to date readings (just because I do it on a Saturday) and I could see my previous (1st) readings just below where I was keying in the new reading.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks guys/gals. Confirmed my handover readings ok. That's a relief, anyway. :)
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • starboard_anchor
    Options
    Hi,

Having tried to switch from Avro Energy to Ebico I am facing the issue that the switch has gone through but they can't make up my final bill and refund what I've overpaid as they have only received my gas and not my electricity reading. New supplier has resent them both but still they say they don't have it and they won't take the reading from me over the phone. Just to add insult to injury, they took an additional direct debit payment after the switch, so I am now owed even more. I've since cancelled the DD and am now battling with complains/customer services to try get my money back.

I'd avoid Avro like the plague as I can see that for as long as the "don't have a final reading" they can just cling on to my money. Next stop the ombudsman after 28 days - lucky me!

Anyone had any issues with old suppliers not receiving final values by a so called database?
  • Brisbaneroad
    Brisbaneroad Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switched to Avro in April 2017.
    No problems until I switched again this year to another supplier.
    Changeover date was 1st April and I thought all was OK until Avro took another direct debit after the switch date.
    I reclaimed this and got a refund, then phoned them. After 20 mins on hold ("there are 22 callers ahead of you in the queue") I eventually spoke to someone who promised to sort it. To be fair, I did receive a corrected final bill, but the credit balance of £61 has still not been refunded. Just sent them an email, can't face another interminable wait on the phone.
    Incidentally, although my case is similar to "starboard_anchor", Avro definitely DID get both my final readings, they were shown on their original (non-final) bill for the period.
  • Davidsb
    Options
    Well, my switch (from Flow Energy) was scheduled for Sunday 20th May.....

I received the Welcome Pack, and Avro managed to take my first Direct Debit - so far, so good, I thought.

Since then - nothing.

Two emails later, still nothing. I managed to get up to 37th in the telephone queue yesterday, before having to return to my paid employment....otherwise there would be nothing in my bank account to pay the next DD - which I suspect will happen just as efficiently as the first DD.

So, not impressed so far.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure