Christmas bonus letters

2»

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Woolco wrote: »
    Sorry why are you sticking your hooter in?

The member who asked the question is familiar to me as they were very active on a forum thread about "friendly societies" and gave really good advice about avoiding them. A thread that went on and on and on.

So I got the impression that the member was good with money and that asking about £10 seemed what I said earlier.

Is that enough for you?

Because I thought you were being rude. You didn't ask for clarification, just said it was 'bizarre'. Jen made it clear it wasn't about money, it was about the letter.
    McKneff wrote: »
    jen said she was having issues with the mail
    she did not say someone was stealing it.....

OK, she strongly implied someone was stealing it.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We're not really sure what's happening with it.

We have a redirection in place from our old house and there's also a redirection from our house to another house. All 3 names (people who live in our house, us and people who moved from our house) all have a similar looking name and it's possible that somehow the redirections are getting mixed up. It doesn't help that two of us are called Jennifer as well.

We also live on an island and only get post every few days, our house has a name instead of a number and it's called the name of another nearby island and the Royal Mail wonder if it's being sent to the wrong island to yet another person.

Or the post person is dodgy.

So now I need to write down every time I don't receive a letter, fairly difficult since I don't post things to myself and I don't generally know when people are going to write to me.
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I do find this a bit of a bizarre question.

I do find this to be a bit of useless answer

:beer:
    Not even wrong
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sorry why are you sticking your hooter in?

The member who asked the question is familiar to me as they were very active on a forum thread about "friendly societies" and gave really good advice about avoiding them. A thread that went on and on and on.

So I got the impression that the member was good with money and that asking about £10 seemed what I said earlier.

Is that enough for you?
    you posted a stupid answer. Why not expect to be called out on your stupidity? :p
    Not even wrong
  • GlasweJen wrote: »
    We're not really sure what's happening with it.

So now I need to write down every time I don't receive a letter, fairly difficult since I don't post things to myself and I don't generally know when people are going to write to me.

Not much help for letters that you don't know about, but could you send yourself a few letters, each one addressed slightly differently? For example, Mrs. J. Smith, J. Smith, Jennifer Smith, Mrs. Jennifer Smith, etc. Inside each envelope, ask the recipient to contact you via email so that you can confirm that the post has been sent to the wrong address. It may be that if a varient of your name or address is going to a different address, you could track it down and inform the PO of the result.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Got my letter this morning - £10 - wow
    Why do they bother - with admin / postage costs - it must double DWP costs

Why not just donate a £100 million to charity ? (it must cost DWP at least this amount)
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think the idea of sending post to yourself is an excellent one. Isn't that the sort of thing the mail do themselves (& pay in stamps). The further from home you can post them the better.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    badmemory wrote: »
    I think the idea of sending post to yourself is an excellent one. Isn't that the sort of thing the mail do themselves (& pay in stamps). The further from home you can post them the better.

You could put a trackng device in the envelope to see who really receives it as well ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure