Future Energy Administration

Options

Comments

• WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cossack wrote: »
    I was a Future Energy customer until they went bust in January and I jumped ship to EON. I have heard nothing from them or their administrators until today when I received a letter from RSM Restructuring Advisory LLPs appointed representatives, CDS Global Ltd who claim I owe them some money as a former customer of Future Energy. The amount is not a lot (its under £50) but I am unsure whether the letter is bona fide or not. Accompanying the letter is a statement which has all the relevant information (start date, end date, tariff, unit rate etc.) so it looks genuine. Has anyone else had a similar letter and can anyone confirm if the request is genuine?

What makes you suspect the letter may not be bona fide ?

It comes from the former supplier's administrator's agent, and by your own admission has the correct start date, end date, tariff, unit rate etc. so it looks genuine.

If it is the agent you are concerned about, I'm sure a quick call to the administrators will soon put your mind at rest.

The advice at the time (as reported by MSE) was not to switch energy supplier following the collapse of Future Energy, at least not until the new supplier was appointed and had contacted you.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2018/01/future-energy-ceases-trading---what-it-means-for-customers

The new supplier (Green Star Energy) took over all former Future Energy accounts on 31-Jan-2018, and would have been in touch with all current customers by 06-Feb-2018.
    If you had waited as advised, then everything would have been resolved by Green Star Energy following your switch to Eon.
  • Cossack
    Cossack Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm suspicious of ALL non-solicited requests for money. I dont trust anybody who asks for money without me first checking whether they are genuine or not.

The main reason I jumped to EON was that they had a decent fixed rate at the time which, if I had waited would have gone by the time Green Star took over from FE (of course I didn't know how long the transfer would take place - but I find it best to be pro-active rather than wait on industry "advice").

Never trust the bar stewards is a good rule of thumb I have found.
  • testfish
    Options
    Ref : your last paragraph, is not quite correct what you state, Green Star as far as I was concerned everything was resolved by them, they even honoured a £30 compensation payment awarded against Future Energy in favour of my complaint with the Ombudsman against them weeks before they ceased trading which FE had totally ignored. I also received a credit payment in respect of over payment to FE as I had religiously submitted accurate manual readings throughout the 14 months I had been with them, also bearing in mind my smart meters were supposedly monitored by FE... but thats another story.

BTW I had also switched suppliers two days before I even knew FE had ceased trading, I had given all readings Green Energy had requested & also kept records of them...
    guess what I also got a final payment demand from CDS Global Ltd too for just over £18 which was based on my so called estimated usage shortfall and was not even based on the more favourable tariff when I first joined anyway, needless to say I have wrote to them via email refusing to pay (which they did not print correctly the email address as it contained a space as a previous post pointed out)

During the interim period that Green Star was my supplier up to my new supply start date in February with Tonik (my new supplier) accurate meter readings were manually given to Green Energy, and records kept by myself.
    To receive demands at this stage months after when not unreasonably I certainly believed in my case my account to all intents and purpose was resolved by Green Energy which was what they were appointed to do in the first place is an absolute joke.

During the interim period that Green Star was my supplier up to my supply start date with Tonik accurate meter readings were manually given to them.

In my opinion this CDS Global Ltd are about on the same level of incompetency & inaccuracy as Future Energy were and are not to be trusted
  • testfish
    Options
    Apologies...I am new to using this forum
    My post above was in reply to WhoIsThat last post
  • CDS_Global
    CDS_Global Posts: 3 Organisation Representative
    Options
    CDS Global Limited (“CDS”) are the appointed agents working on behalf of Steven Ross, Allan Kelly and Matthew Higgins of RSM Restructuring Advisory LLP who are the administrators for Future Energy (Supply) Limited. CDS are registered in England and Wales under company number 10464905 at St James Place, 71 Main Street, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, LE9 6RE.

The communications sent relating to any balance outstanding have been independently calculated using industry flow data from the grid / gas networks. Outstanding balances should be paid to the bank account shown on your statement of account.

If your account balance shows a refund is due, this will be payable by Green Star Energy under the (SOLR) supplier of last resort conditions set out by Ofgem not Future Energy (Supply) Limited or the Administrators. Green Star Energy can be contacted on 0800 012 4510.

All further enquiries, including a copy of CDS’ notice of instruction from RSM can be obtained by calling 0116 2961438 or by emailing futureenergy_admin@cds.org.uk or futureenergyadmin@cds.org.uk

Kind Regards,

CDS Global - Client Resource Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of CDS Global. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jooliver71
    Options
    As I had a smart meter taking regular readings and I think we were in credit before we were moved to Green Star, this is looking like a profiteering exercise...a few quid from each customer, to see if they can get away with it?

Also very suspicious that the bank account number they quote for us to pay the balance to...doesn't exist. It's only 7 digits long. Conveniently making it harder to pay.

I'll have to call them tomorrow in my lunch break. Not happy.
  • totalguitar
    totalguitar Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    jooliver71 wrote: »
    As I had a smart meter taking regular readings and I think we were in credit before we were moved to Green Star, this is looking like a profiteering exercise...a few quid from each customer, to see if they can get away with it?

Also very suspicious that the bank account number they quote for us to pay the balance to...doesn't exist. It's only 7 digits long. Conveniently making it harder to pay.

I'll have to call them tomorrow in my lunch break. Not happy.

I don't think it's a scam but I think they way they are handling it is wrong. I can guarantee that nobody who receives a letter will be asked to pay the right amount, they are guessing and that is wrong. I know my meter reading when I joined and then when I left so why don't the administrators ?

Add to that a badly structured letter with faulty email address that (sceptically) might be a way to stop anyone not IT savvy from messaging them means I won't be paying anything.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What appears to be happening ,based on the CDS Global post above, is that they are charging customers on the basis of historical usage rather than basing it on the last meter reading used to raise a bill by Future Energy, and the opening customer reading given to the new suppliers. Based on the wording of that post,I certainly wouldn't be paying!!
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    testfish wrote: »
    Apologies...I am new to using this forum
    My post above was in reply to WhoIsThat last post

Thanks for joining MSE just to express your opinions on this matter ... :cool:
  • DStrongman
    Options
    Regarding the email address, I think the problem is that for whatever reason they've decided to make it a hyperlink (not much use in a printed letter) which disguises the underscore between "Energy" and "Admin".

I am one of those who have been overcharged, but unfortunately my electricity meter broke while with future energy (it didn't display anything) and so my start and end readings don't tally up anyway. Regardless, the balance "due" is far greater even than what should be estimated.

I emailed CDS about this and they replied with the following:

The accounts have been calculated using industry flow data from the grid / gas networks and are all within industry tolerances

That said we have been authorised by the administrator to discount the balance by 20% in order to secure early settlement.

If you are still certain that you are wanting a recalculation, this request can take between 7-10 working days and this could result in the initial estimates being lower than expected resulting in a higher final bill.

I called them today to explain why this didn't make sense, and they regurgitated EXACTLY the same spiel from the email, word for word. To me, it reads as "We've charged you an arbitrary value, you can quibble if you want but we'll likely charge you more". But in good news, they can knock 20% off my made up bill....

What happens if you just don't pay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport