Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Comments

• Muddima
    Muddima Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have switched my energy from British Gas to SSE and to a new small entrant on 28 March. My gas got switched to SSE with no problem. However i continue to be charged by both BG and my new supplier for electricity. I called BG today who have told me my new supplier have not switched me. My new supplier says everything was completed on 28.03. I can see from some blogs that the big 6 arent that keen on the new entrants and obstruct the process. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and what should i do next?
  • RMSP
    RMSP Posts: 4 Newbie
    :oThank you for all those providing feedback on So Energy , it has helped me a lot to make my decision today to switch after almost 12 years :o .......yes I cannot blame anyone but myself neglecting this for so long and have lost a great deal I could have saved. Over the years I had a lot of issues with EDF and recently went through their executive complaint process which was very frustrating/stressful as they seemed just trained to stick to their party line and take no responsibility for their shortcomings. Thanks to the MSE energy club I have now educated myself about what is involved in switching and today found the courage to switch to SO Hippo. I had to call them a few times to double check key terms and their customer service seemed good....hopefully all will be fine going forward. They are not the cheapest I could go for but reading Forum comments on some of the other others got me to go for SO....I will report back later
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    I have the same confusion with our the Renew from So energy currently on So Duck and running in a fair bit of credit as per usual with any electric company because we switch so much, yet the renew cost far exceeds our current usage even with the price rises, I was hoping common sense would prevail after being with them for a full year and them having our meter read as well as ourselves, they would have proof that our usage is pretty static so winter weighting is not required. im beginning to think it would be better to just go old school and have a old fashioned monthly or quarterly bill.
  • Geoff_W
    Geoff_W Posts: 232
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Switched on 7th April having previously been with First:Utility for 2 years. I was away in Australia when the switch took place, but everything went through without a hitch (even got my refund from First:Utility). Account completion was quick and I gave my first readings to them on 7th May. First statement was produced quickly and was completely accurate. Very impressed so far - 5 star service.
  • alipali9
    alipali9 Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I applied to switch to So Energy 6th March from n power. Supplied meter reading 22nd March, on supply by 27th March. Switch was straightforward with both companies. No real problem up to now, I supplied my meter reading late in May because I was on holiday. I received an estimated bill which was a few pounds less than my monthly charge so no problem.
    I intend to give monthly readings before my statement date in future. I chose So Energy although not the cheapest the reviews seemed to be favourable. I am happy with my choice and would recommend to others.
  • I am moving from EDF to SoEnergy as my EDF tariff is ending in July. Hopefully this move will be painless and quick but I have got five weeks before the tariff ends.

I was stunned at how poor the EDF tariffs are now. I know prices are rising but they are all massive price rises (the "cheapest" Online Saver increases my bill by over £300 for the year) while SoEnergy is actually a price cut (even if it is only £74 for the year).

No one with any sense would remain with them. It seems EDF have no interest in competing with other providers and are just relying on customer laziness.

So, I have switched to SoEnergy today and will report back on my experiences of switching.
  • Just thought I would provide some feedback on my recent switch.

I had been with Ovo for the last two years and i wasn't. looking to change. Their prices have been very competitive and their customer services excellent.

Things changed, however, when I received this year's renewal. Their prices were more than £200 above their competitors. This motivated me to seek to renew with another company.

After looking about I plumped for So Energy.

The transition was on time and went very smoothly. The only slight problem was with two payments being deducted in the same month. However, that was more my problem, as I didn't cancel my DD with Ovo - I had anticipated the switch being completed before the due date. To be fair to Ovo, though, they gave me a £10 goodwill payment :)

So, in summary, a very painless process, handled well by So Energy. Keep up the good work!
  • Lottihr
    Lottihr Posts: 9 Forumite
    After alot of research and reading reviews I have just initiated switching to So Energy after quite a happy relationship with GB energy despite their problems (we will see how easy it is to get my credit back from them though!). Will update you on how we get on, but I had to ring them as the form didn't like my surname and the chap I spoke to was very friendly and helpful, so pleased with their customer service so far!
  • Just submitted my opening meter reading and everything has gone smoothly for my supply start date next week.

Tried to submit the same data to keep my closing EDF account up to date and the EDF app and website both crash and cannot accept them. Not sorry to be leaving EDF.

No problems so far with SoEnergy and I am now saving £12 per month too.
  • I have just received four e-mails from EDF stating how "sorry" they were that I was leaving. Not sorry enough to offer a competitive tariff to fleeing customer though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback