Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Comments

• BigDunc
    BigDunc Posts: 328 Forumite
    If you're struggling for suitable box-type containers you can always make your own: http://hobbies.expertvillage.com/videos/origami-box.htm
    Fiscal drag, that's my problem. Too many people dragging on my fiscals.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Does ANYONE know where you can get the sherbet filled fruits??? I used to get these in Norway when I lived there and have never found them since!

Please someone tell me you know somewhere that sells these???
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • ikkleosu
    ikkleosu Posts: 546 Forumite
    I got sherbet filled fruits in Poundland last Halloween - bag of about 10 of them for £1.
  • Ems!
    Ems! Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post
    tine wrote:
    Does ANYONE know where you can get the sherbet filled fruits??? I used to get these in Norway when I lived there and have never found them since!

Please someone tell me you know somewhere that sells these???

Do you mean ones like sherbert lemons? I am sure I have had sherbet lemons from supermarkets etc - just in the bags for about a pound with all the other sweets. I remember as a kid you could get different varieties --mmmm sherbet strawberrries, but i haven't seen these for a long time. Sorry if this wasn't what you meant!#

Edit: Just read post above - i think i was on the wrong track - sorry!!
  • MrsTinks
    ooooooooooo thanks ikkleosu :) I'll have to try and find a pound land somewhere round here! Gosh I miss those sweets!
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Ems! wrote:
    Do you mean ones like sherbert lemons? I am sure I have had sherbet lemons from supermarkets etc - just in the bags for about a pound with all the other sweets. I remember as a kid you could get different varieties --mmmm sherbet strawberrries, but i haven't seen these for a long time. Sorry if this wasn't what you meant!

No they are plastic fruits with a tiny screw top lid which are filled with a very sour sherbet powder... if you look then they're in the wooden box linked to above.
    DFW Nerd #025

• Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    we got a few of the sherbert filled plastic fruits in a goodie bag from poundland or the 99p store can't remember which. There was 2 or 3 in the bag with other sweets.....popping candy......plastic straws filled with sherbert (flipping nuisance to get into)...and lollipops
  • MrsTinks
    Maysie wrote:
    we got a few of the sherbert filled plastic fruits in a goodie bag from poundland or the 99p store can't remember which. There was 2 or 3 in the bag with other sweets.....popping candy......plastic straws filled with sherbert (flipping nuisance to get into)...and lollipops

:drool:

I tell you if I can't find these now I'll have to bribe you into finding them again and posting them to me :rotfl:
    DFW Nerd #025

• sara1980
    sara1980 Posts: 228 Forumite
    i'm loving this idea......it's brilliant....just need to find the boxes, the sweets & decide who to give them to !!!
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    fantastic idea thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills