Options
2»

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. It seems obvious (to me anyway) that if the OP ends up with less favourable annual leave terms as a result of being on maternity leave that will be discriminatory; the fact the employer also treats employees on sick leave in a crappy way doesn't negate that.

Employees on mat leave are entitled to their usual benefits, apart from remuneration, so they would accrue annual leave in their usual way according to their contract.
    That is also our understanding.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    If they are excluding them from sick then that makes a discrimination claim on that basis a not starter.
    Masomnia wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. It seems obvious (to me anyway) that if the OP ends up with less favourable annual leave terms as a result of being on maternity leave that will be discriminatory; the fact the employer also treats employees on sick leave in a crappy way doesn't negate that.

If the sick employees got their BH back it would be a clear case of discrimination.

There may be other reasons unrelated to sick.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah I'm with you, sorry yes.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure