Get out of your Vodafone Broadband contract - HOW TO

Hi all,

Thought it best to share my discovery in a new thread to maximise the impact.

Recently I found that there's an issue with the Vodafone Connect (or Huawei HHG2500) with concurrent uploads/downloads. If you upload a big file to the internet (say, a video to Youtube), you'll notice that you won't be able to surf the internet at the same time (but your upload will still continue), and neither will any other device connected to the network at the same time. This is due to an issue with the firmware (version 1.6) in the HHG2500, which won't be resolved until November/December this year.

Being unhappy with the fact Vodafone won't let me use my own hardware, I called Vodafone Broadband customer service and told them this is unacceptable, and asked to either let me use my own equipment (ha!) or terminate my contract early, and if neither happen, I'll go to OFCOM about it.

They tried to roll the firmware back to v1.59, unsuccessfully, so agreed to let me terminate my contract early with no fees.

Good luck all, and happy net surfing with your own kit again when you get rid of that blasted VF Connect Modem Router!

Comments

• Does the firmware update automatically?
  • unsung
    unsung Posts: 22 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe the impact hasn't been all that maximized! But on the mentioned Huawei HHG2500 modem-router: I have found that plugging in my 2.5 inch portable usb drive into usb socket to act as network drive causes the drive led to flash continuously - obviously not good for the health of the drive being worked all the time. You might think that since a broadband provider may well be judged on how the supplied modem hub performs, they would make sure it was a good quality, well tested item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure