Ryanair - refusing travel insurance

Ryanair seems to have changed their booking form again in an attempt to impose unwanted charges. £50 per 15 kg suitcase is bad enough but I cannot see how to delete the travel insurance of £72 charged for the 4 of us travelling together. We already have insurance and therefore do not need it. I have read all the posts on Google and on here of how to delete it, but am still unable to do so. When clicking on the Travel Policy I get the drop down menu they are presumably referring to but most of it is in the language of the countries to which the adjacent flag relates. These, however, all seem to say the same as the one with the Union Jack i.e. Please select the country in which you permanently reside. I cannot see any choices where you can select "Travel without Insure". Can anyone help please? Thank you

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 January 2013 at 10:58PM
    Its the 'country of residence' drop down - scroll to the bottom.

Just under the passenger details section
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've verified and it's still there ("Travel Without Insure"), the very bottom entry in the list, you need to scroll to get to it (or just click the list and press 't').

In case you don't know and if your booking isn't priced in GBP but your card is registered in the UK, they will try and charge you in GBP at an appaling conversion rate. If you don't want to accept this, after you enter your credit card expiry date, click "More Info" (next to the price above the cardholder address) and you can deselct this. Their hit is somewhere around the 5% mark, most banks charge 2.5 - 3% :)
  • Thank you for your replies. I found it today quite easily. I swear that the passenger details option wasn't there last night - or maybe I was just tired (my excuse anyway. Many thanks
  • Same thing happened to me! I was on Chrome and the drop down box wasn't there. I went onto Internet Explorer and there it was.

I proceeded with the booking in the hope that they will refund me tomorrow when I contact them. I took a screengrab too.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,389
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    WonderBhoy wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me! I was on Chrome and the drop down box wasn't there. I went onto Internet Explorer and there it was.

I proceeded with the booking in the hope that they will refund me tomorrow when I contact them. I took a screengrab too.

It's there for me on Chrome. Does the screen grab actually show the bottom of the list of drop-down options?
  • callum9999 wrote: »
    It's there for me on Chrome. Does the screen grab actually show the bottom of the list of drop-down options?
    Forgive me but that seems a slightly obtuse question callum ? Are you associated with Ryanair or just amusing yourself on thoughts of how you would seek to deny a refund of an unwanted unused insurance premium :p ?
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2013 at 12:02PM
    It's there for me with Chrome, bottom of the drop down list under Slovakia, (Travel without insurance starts with a T which comes after s in the alphabet)
  • callum9999
    Forumite
    Forgive me but that seems a slightly obtuse question callum ? Are you associated with Ryanair or just amusing yourself on thoughts of how you would seek to deny a refund of an unwanted unused insurance premium :p ?

How on earth is it an obtuse question - you really do have an obsession with throwing strops about airlines don't you...

It is bizarre for the option to be there for pretty much everyone else, all the time, except the OP - and then only not there on Chrome. It's more likely that they just didn't see the option - hence why I asked if the screenshot specifically shows the area of the screen where the option should be. If it doesn't show that area of the screen then it's an utterly useless screenshot that proves nothing.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You wouldn't. Somebody's just trolling for a response...
  • callum9999
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    You wouldn't. Somebody's just trolling for a response...

They're welcome to, I'm just curious how moronic they are!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure