Red Cross Equipment Loan & Carers Emergency Card

The Red Cross provide medical equipment such as wheelchairs and commodes on short term loan: www.redcross.org.uk/TLC.asp?id=77069

My local branch (Lancashire) also provide a carers emergency card - I carry the card and if I was in an accident the Red Cross would be contacted and they would contact my family and friends to look after my daughter and arrange care for her if necessary.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can recommend this loan service. My mother called them after she broke her second hip and they arrived within 24 hours with lots of useful bits and bobs like a meal tray on a sort of zimmer frame so she doesn't have to carry her food from her kitchen (she doesn't have a table in her little kitchenette. They also provided leaflets and telephone numbers for other items she could borrow or hire.

One little plea though, the local service say that many items are never returned and it means that new borrowers may have to go without, so if you know anyone that has fiinished with their equipment, or if you are unfortunate enough to lose someone who used any equipment do call the red cross and ask them to collect the items.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We've used them at work for a client: they've been ACE. Normally only loan for 6 weeks, extended to 12. Then they gave us an extension as our client hadn't been able to get one through NHS. Fantastic service, and they've been so friendly and helpful, but businesslike too. I got a full demonstration of how to use a wheelchair when I picked it up ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport