20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Found a plasterer on C-A-Trade and phoned for a quote for plastering. Progress ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Hopefully the plasterer isn't too expensive

I loved having the skips........the amount that came out of my garden was atrocious :rotfl: but I loved having a sense of having a clearout xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    I stuffed some (YS) peppers with quinoa, a tiny amount of minced turkey, random veggies, a small lump of leftover halloumi grated and mediterranean seasoning. I baked them in my little Dutch oven and they came out beyond lovely. They would have been nice cold with salad, if I hadn’t eaten them all up :(

There is a yoga session in real time on channel 5 tonight at 10pm. I love this idea. I have a rubbish TV that needs to go on in advance to get a decent picture. I am going to reorganise my living room to put the TV in there. What’s nice is, I can just crawl into bed after. Perfect.

Yesterday in the Swedish store I bought some light filtering curtains. They only cost £12 and are floor length. The plan is to do a giant hem that reaches the length of the bottom windows to double the thickness. The problem is I can’t sew. Going to try anyway.

I am staying away from TV tonight as it seems to be eating up my time these past few days.

I hope you have a relaxing evening reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Wonder web will be your friend...
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    Wonder web will be your friend...
    Thanks Wishing. I have just googled wonder web. It might be the answer as I am getting in a mess, Just hung then took them down. They are cheap and look cheap. Going to clean the window. I think I will take them back actually Lit a candle and hung some fairy lights to cheer myself up

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Loving the fairy lights.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    WFH today but it was busy so no cooking and very little cleaning. Washing done and dried and a few rounds of washing up done too.

My eating has improved. I am even taking my iron and vitamins over the past few days :)

I am being successful at keeping 2 days a week as NSDs but I do look forward to Thursdays so I can buy a coffee out and buy some chocolate.

I’ve decided to live with the curtains I already have in my living room. I will keep my eye on the charity shops for a suitable pair. It would look best with shutters or blinds but it is an awkward sized window so off the peg won’t work. I can’t justify that sort of spend when I have essential repairs to do. I will need to start checking charity shops again on a regular basis armed with measurements.

I need to chase the plasterer again. I have no phone credit so will do that tomorrow. After my contract fiasco with Mr T I find PAYG the best option. Only £10 a month and I never use up the minutes or the data allowance. :)

I have had a good day, uneventful but good :)

I hope you had a good day too.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I have a similar deal to you on PAYG. I like the flexibility of not having a contract.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    Good morning campers.

There are some lovely spring greens in the shops right now. They are cheap and so fresh. I woke up hungry so I had some finely shredded greens for breakfast with eggs, avocado, salsa and smoked salmon ;)

I’ve been watching Grenfell related programmes. So very sad. I don’t even have a functional smoke alarm so that is on my EMERGENCY list now. I might be able to pick one up today. I am also going to get a carbon monoxide alarm.

I have become lazy with my bullet journal so I am going to use the Moleskin* I got for Christmas to create a new journal today. JoJo reminded me about bullet journalling. When I use it consistently I am so much more in control, I think more creatively and capture those thoughts more effectively too.

Washing on. I will try and get through a fair amount of drudge today as WFH. At least I want to get to the bottom of the washing up. It is piling up again…:o

I am in the office tomorrow so I will be making a pack-up lunch so I don’t go crazy and spend on take-out all day long.

I really like this space and the people who use it. It reminds me of a really good gym where all the people there are trying to positively impact their lives (not sure why I am using a gym metaphor when I barely go…:o)

Have a good day MSE folk

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,062
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I had a little book that lived in the car with all the key measurements for curtains/furniture spaces so I always had access to the info. I guess these days notes on your phone would do the same thing.

Hope you have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport