Fresh Starts and New Chances...

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for your messages everyone :A

I'm still doing well thank you. I went to the park with my niece and nephew yesterday, and I even walked there and back. Unthinkable a few months ago!! I also went to the pub last night for a meal with everyone from work. It was lovely to see them all :)

I'm doing well on Prolific too. I got a £22 payout received on Friday, and have already got £14.85 cleared and £7.72 pending. My sister and I are up to £145 in the Amazon account and I'm waiting for another 2x £5 vouchers.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you had a good time at the park & a lovely meal :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Morning

Going to start trying to post on here a bit more regularly. I have a feeling the hospital are going to advise me to drop my hours at work, so I want to try and make up the money I would lose from home (without overdoing it, don't worry on that score ;))

I'm back at the hospital on Monday to see what they say about me going back to work. I think they will let me go back, but on reduced hours for a bit, which is understandable. I have enjoyed being off sick though. This is the best I have felt in years (which I know is down to the oxygen, but maybe a bit to do with the Orkambi and IVs too), and I have been enjoying getting out and about in the lovely weather :)

I've also had my assessment appointment through for the transplant. I've got to go there on the 8th August, so I won't start worrying about that until nearer the time.

I'm off to my nephew's sports day today and then my sister is treating me to a Toby Carvery afterwards :D. Then I think my OH and I are off to a BBQ tonight. We saw Jurassic World last night. It was okay, not much different to all the others, but I don't think there's much they can do to mix it up really.

I've just requested £20.46 from Prolific, but have been a bit slack on there over the past few days. My sister and I are up to £160 in Amazon vouchers and I'm waiting for another £10, so only £110 to go there.

I'm just finishing up my morning nebulisers and then it's bacon sandwich and Orkambi time before I have to leave for the sports day.

Have a great day everyone

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    Good to see you posting :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Glad that the Orkambi is helping.

• Emzilla
    Hi everyone

Hospital visit time today. My lung function is up 1% to 25%. I was hoping for a bit more, but at least it's going in the right direction. It dropped as low as 15% during my hospital stay, so it's a lot better than it was. The room they put me in was absolutely boiling and I kept feeling the need to cough during the breathing tests. Didn't help at all.

My oxygen sats were 97 on 1 litre of oxygen. They took the oxygen off for a while and I was 91 without it, which is a lot better than a few weeks ago. At my lowest, it was 72 :eek:. I've got to carry on with the oxygen for now, but they are going to reassess me properly on my next appointment, which is on 3rd August (although I have got a home visit from a nurse on 3rd July).

My weight has also leapt up to 50.7kg - that's about 2.7kg put on in 6 weeks, which is amazing for me!! I've got just over 6 weeks until my next appointment, so I'm aiming to get to 54kg by then.

Work-wise, he has agreed that I can go back, but I'm to work no more than 2 shifts a week and those shifts can't be any longer than 4 hours each. I'm pleased with that as I didn't want to just jump straight back in on 18.5 hours. He's going to review it again in August. I'm due back at work tomorrow 2-6pm. I've got to have a risk assessment due to the oxygen and a back to work interview, which will probably take at least an hour.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    Hope your going back to work is ok.
    Take it easy :)

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad things are improving x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Emzilla
    First shift back went okay. I thought I was going to have customers constantly asking me what was wrong and why I needed oxygen, but only one asked me. I got a lot of sympathetic looks, but no nasty customers!! It was lovely to see everyone again.

I wasn't sure if I would be getting paid for the hours I'm not able to work (10.5 hours a week), but I have been reassured that I will (they call them 'rehabilitation hours'), which is a relief.

I'm back in on Friday now. Feeling a bit tired and achey (my legs more than anything) after 4 hours, so glad I haven't gone back to my full hours straight away.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    Glad all went ok.
    Take it easy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure