PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 6th August 2018

13»

Comments

• Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hugs and positive vibes tp csarina, TA and silver oldie.

The patio is being worked on so I got up early, had a shower and shampoo and looked out a cool dress. I opened the gate for the builders and then checked my e mails to find that DD is in hospital and hoping to have her baby today. Fingers and toes crossed . Wish I could do something to help but she has her DH with her and her middle sister is there to fetch and carry etc.

I had bacon and eggs for a brunch and might pop out for a chop and veg for tonight but I don't want to be out in case I miss any news. Dishwasher is on and washing machine will be switched on later and I need to put out the recycling for tomorrow.

Hugs to all
  • Thank you to so many of you who have sent good wishes for OH. I went in to see him this morning and he was ok, apparently had a 'vacant' episode last night, his eyes were open but he did not respond.

Whilst I was there a Dr came to see hi,. I have requested that they look at his neck as well as his brain. They are hoping to do the scans on Wednesday after all the MRI scans have been done, then the whole room and machine can be steam cleaned. He has had another swab taken today, they are doing them weekly for some reason.

I only had toast for brekkie the milk was sour, so called at Aldi on the way back and picked up some bits, hopefully I will not have to go shopping again this week now.

Library van due in about 20 minutes, have a laod of books to return. OH wants me to search for the next book in the series he is reading and if I have to put in a request for it. I will have to download then via my phone when I next go in to see him, which will be Wednesday. SS is going tonight and tomorrow. Fingers crossed I do not get called in again, the staff nurse this morning forced the drawer to get his meds, so guess the drawer will need sorting once OH has been discharged, which is not likely to be aby day soon it seems.

Elona I hope the baby arrives safe and sound today.........
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Csarina have the Drs acknowledged what your GP has said re your OH coming home?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Me again !
    Elona I have everything crossed ( even my eyes, not a pretty sight :) ) for you and DD, that today's the day. I bet you're on pins :j
    MrsSD thank you for your comments. DD may, in future, put her brain in gear before her heart, but knowing her she probably won't. She has a heart of gold, that one :D ( must get it from me then ;) ) I hope your DSiS feels better / gets sorted soon. I fear I'm falling apart before my time too......... and it's no fun at all :(.
    Csarina I'm glad you saw the Dr, hopefully things will improve for DH.
    Joy of joys our broadband is on the blink again, we haven't enough juice IYSWIM, so an engineer will be here tomorrow pm. We also have the window man coming early in the morning to give us a quote for our guttering and fascia boards, so if I'm MIA tomorrow I haven't run off to sea....... yet :rotfl:.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Floss wrote: »
    Csarina have the Drs acknowledged what your GP has said re your OH coming home?

Yes Floss, I have logged it with the Drs and also the discharge nurse. He is not coming home until they have sorted out what is causing the fall downs and found a treatment.

Due to the infection, which he does not have, no one can be moved to another ward or hospital, so he is stuck where he is.

I was in this morning....SS is going in tonight and again on Wednesday early in the morning i.e 11 am. and then I am going on to see my quilting friend for a couple of hours
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    All being well, my DM is coming home tomorrow! :j She's so pleased to be out of there.

This morning I did a run to the tip, collected a parcel from A mazon and bought DM more grapes. Went back to her place, made a flask of tea and went into visit. Had to park a long way from her building and then the drizzle started!

On the way home I did some shopping as I have to wait in tomorrow for her. Couldn't find the house keys in my car so thought I'd left them in the house, so I had to phoned a dear friend who lives at the other end of the street to collect the set he holds. No keys in the house...back down to the car and (of course) they were in the correct place for them. I'm going ever so slightly doolally-tap!

Now waiting to hear news from Elona and the imminent new grandchild. News about others loved ones keenly sought too.

My MSE today was putting on pillow cases which my grandmother made from sheets, and which she embroidered with her surname. She did this before being married in the early 1920s!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure