What's Next ?

Hi all,

It's 30+ days I declared myself bankrupt. by the time, I had two telephone interview, 1st with OR and 2nd with Asset officer for SOA. on, interview OR told me she will send letter to all creditors by 9/1/19. After the interview, I sent last 12 months all bank and credit cards statements to her including some sign documents. Last week, I received a letter confirming my Car exempted and also on 2nd interview Asset officer confirmed no IPA will be applicable for me.

These are all happened in last 30 days.

So, now my question what is next ? What kind of response or communications I can expect from OR or others in relation to my bankruptcy procedure ? And, I can sit down and say everything done in relation to this bankruptcy process and wait for 12 months discharge date to come ?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,724
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Yup, that’s just about it, 12 months time you’ll be discharged.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • amizaki
    amizaki Posts: 166
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the reply

So, another 11 months without any communication to pass ? Nothing to do in relation to this bankruptcy process ? it will be than long 2019 to go :(
  • ramtops
    ramtops Posts: 19 Forumite
    amizaki wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply

So, another 11 months without any communication to pass ? Nothing to do in relation to this bankruptcy process ? it will be than long 2019 to go :(

Nah, it'll speed by. You're free from worrying about creditors, etc. My husband went bankrupt last July; once the initial stress was over, we both felt so much better - no more frightening letters, no more worrying if there was a knock on the door.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,244
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    amizaki wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply

Hi you will have to inform the O.R of any changes to your income but otherwise just relax and the time will fly by.
    Good luck in the future.
  • My discharge date is in 34 days time, 19/02/19, roll 9 months back and I was in the same position as you, I didn't know what to expect either after it was decided there was no IPA for me to pay.

I've only been in contact with the OR once which is when I moved address, she wasn't really interested in anything else, I was kind of expecting to have to do a new I&E form but she just said that as there was no IPA set originally then it's what it is.

It does kind of go quickly to be honest, I still can't believe I'm 11 months into it, crazy how time flies!

Good Luck anyway.
  • amizaki
    Forumite
    To be honest, As I am waiting for my 12 Months deadline...it makes me thinking the clock is very slow...in fact it almost stopped...lol....Anyway, Thanks Guys for sharing your experiences... Its really helpful.
  • I know exactly what you mean. There’s a buildup of getting your debts sorted and suddenly it happens and it’s a bit of an anticlimactic time. You feel you’ve got forever to wait to start again.

In August 2019 it will be four years since my DRO went through- I cannot tell you how quickly that time has passed. It feels like months ago!

At the same time I still feel like I have ages to wait before all those defaults drop off my credit files and so I empathise with the feeling of time moving slowly.
  • a BR from October has just had a letter from the IS requesting income and expenditure detail...

bit late i think to ask... lol
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • amizaki
    Forumite
    lol... its really slow response...I received within 3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure