PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures

Warm day but not much sun as heavy cloud cover but still no rain

Saw TWO butterflies today :) - usually only see one

The ‘bird friendly hedge plants’ are finally grown enough for the birds to fly in & out of:T DH & I spent a happy ten minutes watching them :D

Finally making a decision about our new larger shed :eek: & DH has ordered it :T Delivery in about a month so plenty of time for DH to prepare the ground & put in the ground base.

The joy on DH’s face when I agreed that he could go ‘Round Britain Rallying’ on his motorbike for two days :rotfl:

DH having the proper tools to be able to affix DSis’s TV to the wall in her room :T

9:51pm and the bat is gracing me with an aerial display which lasted for 5 minutes :D:D:D

Using up all my leftover food from the fridge :T

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Wobbleade has bin consumed!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Another lovely morning :)

More entertaining football last night - very nervous about tonight's match.

Dog ran amock in veg bed and i thought he'd taken out a squash plant, but it turned out he'd only broken 2 leaves and bashed the plant about a bit - naughty dog!!

Courgettes from garden for tea, and a rare treat of cherries as I found some YS ones (10p a punnet) :j:j

Planning a visit to the seaside on Friday :j
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Very quickly as off on another training session today......

Recent OSP

1. Friends came with their pickaxe to remove the rockery to make way for building work. Rewarded them with a takeaway in the garden. Lovely evening.

2. DD has Best Friends visiting her in Greece, so is cheered up.

3. Finished all my parents meetings now. Very pleased.:j

4. Ordered a new shed as old one will eventually be demolished. Good price after much research.

5. Gammon and egg for tea.

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Enjoyed my walk and met a dog or two and their owners.

2. Strange day at work but it's over now. People were upset about various things.

3. Home and had a coffee in the garden to try and relax.

4. Made a tasty tea which was very easy to do.

5. Reading my book.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Not a pleasure as such but car went into village garage as air con not working, rather more than needing refreshing but condenser leaking. The bill was a little :eek: but covered by car maintenance fund and considerably less than the mini dealership would have charged.

Enforced day at home to the above but it was lovely and cool so big catch up on housekeeping.

Stopped to watch the RAF100 celebrations, emotional watching especially the flight over the Palace.

Another BSD recipe, this tine cod with braised lettuce, good stuff.

Had to close windows in lounge as too cold, fancy that!

Nervous already with 11 hours to go, come on England!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Pleasures for the last few days

1. Excellent walking on the Lleyn peninsular - about 30 miles over two days. I didn't actually know whether i could do that, but i did :T. Fantastic views - sometimes the sea was on 3 sides
    2. Lovely B&B on saturday night with superb meal on the terrace overlooking the sea
    3. Driving for 1 1/2 hours back to ICT and realising that we had walked all of that - and more (186 miles / 865 so far)
    4. Warm sunshine - I will never tire of it
    5. Going to London yesterday to see the fly past - we were stood by the fountain at the palace. Fantastic and the '100' was just WOW (though, according to an RAF bod we were stood by "it could have been tighter in its formation"). Even DS said he was glad to have seen it.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    VJsmum, it wasn’t BOP was it :D
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    VJsmum, it wasn’t BOP was it :D
    BoP was further up on Horse Guards!
    100 Was on pongo land yesterday at Horse Guards. I can say it was awesome, photos later this weak. Had a good look around from the Royal Aircraft factory BE2 to the newer version of the Lightning. Saw Liz and her speech remembering the Battle of Britain. That hit home over any turncoat politico that you should not be bothered about! Then saw the team marking the airmans graves for the Great War. Has no looked yet, but search for this on the engine thing that tracks you! [EMAIL="RAF100@big-ideas.org"]RAF100@big-ideas.org[/EMAIL] That was new! BoPsie was too much in the fly pass and … She ended up a bit toasted when the baton came back having travelled the lands and the world in celebration.

4 Supper was had inn the wobbleade emporium. We left early having fed Raffles, he followed us down the road. When we got home, his bowls had remained untouched until BoPsie shouted him, and he came from where we had left him. Bowls were quickly lapped up. BoPsie is recovering!

3 Tonight. BoPsie has recommended that I gets the wobbleade inn on the way back from the mill! Now I has texted BoPsie this day and she is silent! She is going to rush home and empty the dishwasher! Unfortunately, BoP forgot to put it on!

PM2DD While BoP and BoPsie was munching the canapes and other nices on the pongo grounds last day, bumped into a CoS Padre who had come down from Dundee! Marjorie! Very well kept lady and very proper! Very well spoken and had been to the Abbey earlier!

Having one today again. Our colleague at the mill who comes from near Paris has a big head this morning. I hope it does not last! He has been advised to take the rest of the year off!

Now I has texted BoPsie this day and she is silent! She is going to rush home and empty the dishwasher! Unfortunately, BoP forgot to put it on!

Here’s why you will need to use the …
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Yesterdays visit was so peace of mind making, owners are a lovely couple, so easy to deal with and now I'm settled.

2) They are going to sell us a couple of pieces of furniture that are too big to fit in their new home and are just what I need to buy so that's a win win if ever there was one.

3) Lovely supper with DD1 and James last night sat in the garden in the shade.

4) Really good run home, motorways were empty and it was much cooler than it had been so a comfortable journey.

5) Sleeping the night through as a) We were shattered, it was a long day but b) all the uncertainty has gone and that is worth more than rubies!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback