PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 17 July 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello :wave:
    Well today was take 2 of sports day. The weather wasn't scorching hot only about 21c, a few clouds arrived and made the heat so much more bearable. I ducked the teachers v the parents / grandparents races and tug-o-war on both days.... phew ! ( Anyway I didn't want to embarrass anyone, 'cos I'm like the flash :rotfl: ). However the DGD did very well ( as did her brother yesterday ) and her "blue house" won overall today. I think there's a new sport for the Olympics looming..... Wellie Wanging :eek:. We decided to come home via the chippy so there's no tea to cook :j.
    I have the most stinking headache now, so I've taken a couple of tablets and I'm settling myself on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. Nothing will be attempted on the housework front other than emptying the DW. I feel like we could do with a good thunderstorm and we really do need some rain, but only just enough to clear the air. I would dearly love a cooler night too as my sleeping has been non existent this week :(. I have found it too hot even with all the windows open and a fan going in the bedroom.
    I'm looking forward to having a day to myself tomorrow, just to catch up on a few housework chores... that's sad isn't it ? Then Friday I'm out again, to the dentist this time and then some food shopping, as we are almost out of fruit and veg.

taff Oi ! that coat IS my jacket ! :D And Mrs Evans now lives in between Mrs Jones and Mrs Williams, you know where I mean......... up the road by Phyllis Doris, er Mrs Morris :rotfl:. Please give me a wave on your way past my lovely friend :wave:
    Snoozer Gosh that 26 weeks seems to have flown by, not long to wait now :T. I hope Steve's appointment went well this afternoon.

Thinking of the poorly people, their carers, the MIA's and anyone having difficulties in daily life.
    Take care. Hugs to all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Crustless quiche recipe for JackieO and anyone else interested, its really tasty and so easy to make, any leftovers can be frozen xx

8 large Eggs
    1 medium Head of Broccoli
    4-6 slices Smoked Salmon chopped into small pieces
    2 spring onions
    2 tbsp Quark
    1 pinch Salt
    1 pinch Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 190°C. Cut the broccoli into small florets and cook for 3-4 minutes, in the steamer or in the pan.
    Drain & pat dry with a kitchen roll. Allow to cool
    Chop the spring onions & fry off in a bit of frylight until they soften
    In a bowl mix the eggs, quark, salt & pepper until it's smooth & no lumps
    In a silicone mould place the broccoli, smoked salmon & spring onion. Then pour over the egg mix.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes at 190°C or until set and golden on the top
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Crustless quiche recipe for JackieO and anyone else interested, its really tasty and so easy to make, any leftovers can be frozen xx

8 large Eggs
    1 medium Head of Broccoli
    4-6 slices Smoked Salmon chopped into small pieces
    2 spring onions
    2 tbsp Quark
    1 pinch Salt
    1 pinch Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 190°C. Cut the broccoli into small florets and cook for 3-4 minutes, in the steamer or in the pan.
    Drain & pat dry with a kitchen roll. Allow to cool
    Chop the spring onions & fry off in a bit of frylight until they soften
    In a bowl mix the eggs, quark, salt & pepper until it's smooth & no lumps
    In a silicone mould place the broccoli, smoked salmon & spring onion. Then pour over the egg mix.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes at 190°C or until set and golden on the top

Thank you so much I have book marked it for inclusion into
    My Misers online cookbook xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills