Home delivery to first floor flat

2»

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My father lives in a 'reverse' layout house and we've had no problems with Tesco drivers taking the bags upstairs to the kitchen.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Is this one flight of stairs?
    I find it bizarre that she won't leave the baby in the flat whilst she goes downstairs.
    You appear to be advocating that parents leave their children unsupervised at home. This is illegal, with good reason.

Also makes me wonder if you've had children yourself.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    You appear to be advocating that parents leave their children unsupervised at home. This is illegal, with good reason.

Also makes me wonder if you've had children yourself.

So if you have children and live in a house going in to the garden to hang your washing out and leave the child in the house in a cot/play pen unsupervised would be illegal??

As that would be about the sort of time it would take to go down and collect your shopping.

Its not like they are going down the pub and leaving the child on their own for hours or even leaving the building.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • VfM4meplse
    calleyw wrote: »
    So if you have children and live in a house going in to the garden to hang your washing out and leave the child in the house in a cot/play pen unsupervised would be illegal?
    Another one that has never looked after very young children!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Socajam
    Socajam Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Another one that has never looked after very young children!

Another idiot who did not fully understand what calleyw wrote..

How long do you think this mother will be downstairs collecting her shopping?

Common sense is really not common any more.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh my VfM4meplse, I can't believe your comment. I wasn't advocated leaving the baby in a room unsupervised with an open fire or a few sharp knives. That's why I asked on what floor the person lived, if they lived on the 44th floor and had to get a lift down then that's a different matter.

CalleyW and Socajam are right.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • I live in a third floor flat and have had deliveries from Waitrose, Tesco and Morrisons. I do feel sorry for them having to carry 5 x 5kg bags of cat litter.
  • VfM4meplse
    Oh my VfM4meplse, I can't believe your comment. I wasn't advocated leaving the baby in a room unsupervised with an open fire or a few sharp knives. That's why I asked on what floor the person lived, if they lived on the 44th floor and had to get a lift down then that's a different matter.

CalleyW and Socajam are right.
    I stand by it. It only takes a second for disaster to strike, eg a fire to spread from a neighbouring flat.

I do understand how hard it is with kids, but their welfare must come first. Safeguarding must be taken seriously.

• ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You can't count on it - the driver taking the shopping upstairs.

It really does depend on the driver, and if they can be bothered. A lot of them want to dump and run.
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • jimnotjon
    jimnotjon Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know it's an old thread but I am a delivery driver for Waitrose and I can tell you, not once have I refused to take things up the stairs ( no matter how many flights ) and/or taking it through to the kitchen.

I had a customer in a regular house last week that was cradling a 3 month old and I took the shopping through and even unpacked it for them. I don't have to do it, a lot of the time I don't have time to do it but I think any decent person would at least offer.

I am in a relatively big city and a lot of my drops are in apartments where bottles of water and other heavy loads are ordered. Some fill me with absolute dread (especially in the hot weather we've been having) however I still take it up, no problem, apart from a little perspiration haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure