All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• Reading your post from 14th has given me goosebumps… it's scary for a health professional so huge :T:T:T to you x
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you Cat and Money!!

Had a very busy day so far - was up at 6am to come home from OHs to get ready to take the dog to mums for his holiday. Left at 7.30 and got home again at 1.45pm with a 20 min stop to swap the dog over - mum met me "halfway" (an hour from her house ;) )
    Since getting home I've done most of the packing and popped to tesco for euros and a few bits and pieces. There's a small pile of ironing to do and i still need to dye my hair but am having a late lunch break before pressing on with the jobs.
    Going to OHs for a couple of hours this evening but will come home to sleep as it's an early start and I need a proper kip if I'm honest.....
  • Have a great time!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,445
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    A huge well done from me too to do cpr on your neighbours son. It just shows how useful that skill can be. I did a first aid course for work years ago but not refreshed it so should do that really.

Enjoy your holiday.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hope you're having a relaxing and enjoyable holiday MT x
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Hello all! I'm back from holidays, nicely tanned and fat!
    I did try to limit the damage by going to the gym every morning for an hour and walking at least 10000 steps a day in addition but I feel bloated and sluggish today. Not surprising really as we got back to the house at 2.15am and then just couldn't sleep. Never mind, its the weekend so I can take it easy today, I'm sure I'll perk up as the day goes on.
    We had quite good weather - just one poor day when it thundered and poured down (very unusual apparently) but we spent the day in the spa, being pummelled and in therapy pools - very nice ;)

It's absolutely freezing here today in comparison! A real shock to the system!
    Need to unpack, put some washing on and do a big shop - I'm going on a diet and there's nothing in the house so need to spend an hour in tesco! I have some euros to change back so will do that while I'm there and use the cash as spending money for the coming week. Will also try to get my eyebrows done while I'm out, they're looking a bit tatty.

I'm not picking the dog up until tomorrow so have the day to myself today to think about getting ready for work and organising my life again.

Step one is having a bath......
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Had a busy day so far - done two big loads of washing and unpacked and tidied everything away so the house is nice and ordered again. Also been to tesco and done a big shop, £80 spent but there should be enough for the next two weeks and I needed lots of household things. Nearly fell over at the price of light bulbs!!! Needed 4 and it almost cost £20! Ridiculous.....
    Also filled the car up with diesel using a 10p off voucher from tesco (saved £5) - will stop me using expensive motorway services tomorrow.

Have also spent a bit of time sorting out myself - nice bath, a defuzz, sorted out my toenails, deep conditioned my hair, and managed to get an appointment to get my eyebrows tinted and tidied. I have decided that threading is the work of the devil - it's worse than childbirth!! But they do look much better again now. No pain no gain.....£10 for the torture 10 mins.....

Spoke to mum for half an hour arranging the dog pick up tomorrow - will be very happy to get him back, the house is too quiet without him.
    OH is cooking tonight - "winter food" apparently - think he's cold too! I'll happily scoff whatever it is before the diet officially starts tomorrow ;)

Have also made an appointment to get my hair sorted on the 10th - will try to put up with it until then.
    Need to look at the finances this afternoon - it's two and a half weeks to pay day and I need to make sure that I don't go berserk with spending considering the holidays etc.
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Banking done - will need to be careful with the spends for the next week or two if I don't want to dip into this month's contingency stash or savings.
    I should be fine - I have no big plans for the next two weekends and am trying to go on the wagon to help the diet from tomorrow so no big spends there.
    Have done a big shop, the car is full of fuel and there's £65 in cash in my purse as well as what's left in the current account after bills etc (approx £150). I have plenty of everyday toiletries etc (OH bought me two new perfumes on the plane too!), the freezer is full and the fridge is bursting with fresh stuff - unless I've completely forgotten something I should make it with no pilfering from other accounts ;)
  • Sounds as though you're all planned - I wish I was half as organised as you are MT. I have been home all week and am still chasing around trying to get something done.
  • mumblingtaff
    Forumite
    Morning all.....
    Up early due to the hour changing - just couldn't sleep anymore. Stayed at OHs but have come home to shower and change etc before setting off on the epic journey to rescue the dog.
    We spent the night eating yummy food that he'd made (coq au vin with mustard mash and homemade apple and blackberry crumble), drinking wine and binge watching Taskmaster. A nice end to the holidays.

No plans today other than getting the dog (a 300 odd mile round trip), hopefully some exercise afterwards and getting ready for work tomorrow- it's an INSET day so no teaching but I have to do lots of performance management meetings and it will be a very busy day.
    I'm setting off around 7.30 ish so need to make myself presentable then get on the road.

Good luck to all the teachers going back to work tomorrow to begin the worst half term of the year - cold, dark and 8 weeks long...... Roll on Xmas holidays.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure