After the Work Programme

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Seriously, someone who thinks dwp staff think their purpose is to give people a hard time by making them do things they think the person wont want to do must be paranoid in the extreme.

You really think when you go to sign/interview/training etc the advisor is doing that because they think how can we p*ss Donna off today? Really?

Out of interest, how long have you been claiming, only that could have significant bearing on their decisions.
    people who dont do voluntary work get told all the time to do voluntary work. i am doing voluntary work and am constantly being told to do courses that prevent me from doing it. they cant seriously be stupid enough to think these courses are of any use. people regularly get threatened and intimidated by their advisers. i am not making it up. you think i am paranoid then why do i have to attend a session about something i already know how to use? if its not to annoy me then its because they are stupid.
  • donnajunkie
    I'm not at all convinced when people blame systems for their shortcomings when its in their hands to take control of their own destiny so reasonable enough given you've been using the system 6 months without success.
    lack of success does not mean i dont know how to use the website.
  • donnajunkie
    Can't you attach a tailored cv with cover letter at the front, all as one attachment? That would show initiative, set you apart from the field and could do no harm at all.
    thats a decent idea. i may do that.
  • lack of success does not mean i dont know how to use the website.
    I didn't say you didn't know how to use the website.
  • donnajunkie
    I didn't say you didn't know how to use the website.
    but that is what the session is for, to tell us the basics regarding how to use it. people would need a 121 to deal with anything they are doing wrong application wise while on the site.
  • but that is what the session is for, to tell us the basics regarding how to use it. people would need a 121 to deal with anything they are doing wrong application wise while on the site.
    Nothing wrong in dwp making sure you know how to use the system and seems reasonable to expect that given 6 months using the system and no job offer to show. It's in your hands to take control of your job seeking.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Nothing wrong in dwp making sure you know how to use the system and seems reasonable to expect that given 6 months using the system and no job offer to show. It's in your hands to take control of your job seeking.
    How will knowing how to use the site get you a job?

Serious question.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • stix62
    stix62 Posts: 1,021 Forumite

They could cover that with a simple..'How do you search and apply for jobs on UJM?'

15 seconds of everyone's time - done!
  • AP007 wrote: »
    How will knowing how to use the site get you a job?

Serious question.
    Because it has jobs on the site. Lots of them. Tell the trainers there are no jobs and I'm sure they'd find some within the trainees range. Serious question, if they did that, how many do you think would find problems with what was found - too far, not enough hours, not in their field, don't like times etc etc? Donna has already acknowledged a work around not being able to add a cover letter.
  • stix62 wrote: »
    They could cover that with a simple..'How do you search and apply for jobs on UJM?'

15 seconds of everyone's time - done!

Maybe 15 seconds for those that aren't bothered about finding work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure