pwales_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    lyniced wrote: »
    yes, it was on street parking
    i ment read the red bit ive high lighted further down the post:D
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    pwales wrote: »
    i ment read the red bit ive high lighted further down the post:D

Well, when I rang the Blue Badge people and explained exactly what had happened they said that I'd done nothing wrong and couldn't understand why the traffic warden had said what he did. I then rang my council and they said that the traffic wardens has an old copy of the rules (I think it was 2006 edition). They actually thanked me for bringing it to their attention! He He!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • pwales_2
    just tell the old "hag" to **** **!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    i get it all the time ..i dont look disabled till i get in my chair...and they are amazed im allowed to drive too:D:D
  • pwales_2
    Well, when I rang the Blue Badge people and explained exactly what had happened they said that I'd done nothing wrong and couldn't understand why the traffic warden had said what he did. I then rang my council and they said that the traffic wardens has an old copy of the rules (I think it was 2006 edition). They actually thanked me for bringing it to their attention! He He!
    if you phoned that must be right...the problem is there are old versions of the rules still in circulation then which dont help anyone
  • lyniced
    Now heres something to get you hot under the collar - my sister-in-law is a carer for the disabled an elderly and she goes and gets their shopping without them using their blue badge. I told her (nicely of course) that if she was challenged it wouldn't be she that would get into trouble, but the badge owner! Eeek!
  • pwales_2
    Now heres something to get you hot under the collar - my sister-in-law is a carer for the disabled an elderly and she goes and gets their shopping without them using their blue badge. I told her (nicely of course) that if she was challenged it wouldn't be she that would get into trouble, but the badge owner! Eeek!
    she putting there badge in danger big time
  • lyniced
    pwales wrote: »
    just tell the old "hag" to **** **!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    i get it all the time ..i dont look disabled till i get in my chair...and they are amazed im allowed to drive too:D:D

I drive an automatic which is much easier for me. Are you young then? I'm 45 and been in a wheelchair full time for about two years - up til then I used sticks. My physio said I must try and walk some of the day, which I do around the house with my walker. I get so tired just going from one room to another.
  • pwales_2
    I drive an automatic which is much easier for me. Are you young then? I'm 45 and been in a wheelchair full time for about two years - up til then I used sticks. My physio said I must try and walk some of the day, which I do around the house with my walker. I get so tired just going from one room to another.
    im 35... spinal cord injury from fall l4 down ive been in a chair for just 3 years ish.... i drive a fully adapted automatic
  • ive had similar problems myself. im female and just turned 25 (ive had blue badge for 3 years now due to my disability) many times ive parked in tesco supermarket in disabled displaying my blue badge & by the time i return to the car there is a note on the car (from a member of public) basiclly saying i dont need 2 park in disabled etc. i always have this & i think its because i am young, have a sporty car & sometime my illness allowes me to walk unaided so it doesnt look like i have a disability. people are so judgemental & thoughtless, its really not nice!! im used to it now because it happens all the time!!
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    We've just returned from a holiday in North Wales. My son has Down's syndrome and several other disabilities. He uses a wheelchair and of course, we took it on holiday with us. We were really surprised at how many people stared at him - especially children. As we passed, some people actually turnedd around to keep looking at us. We've never experienced this in our home town, so it was a bit of a surprise. My daughter commented on it, but I just told her to ignore the ignorance that other people have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure