Free Unlock Codes for Nokia Phones

Comments

• poshpix
    poshpix Posts: 8 Forumite
    I am aware that unlocking the Nokia 6630 is virtually impossible so thank you for the very helpful thread on this Browntoa. Question is (and sorry to ask) is it ever likely to be cracked and if so, would you predict months or years??? Mine is on "3" and the deal is fabulous for what I use it for (virtually free) but I would love to use it overseas with a local SIM. Thanks in advance.
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    aliciamoss wrote:
    I hardlocked a nokia 3220 and thanks to browntoa, stopped wasting time and looked for someone to unlock it. Found someone local who did it for a fiver! Woohoo! Thanks for advice, and patience.
    no codes can be guarenteed to work as nokia can change firmware and settings at any time.
    if you want a guarenteed working code you should contact your service provider and pay for it, not complain about people who do there best for free
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    from what ive heard from the people who provide unlocking solutions, it wont be too long before a solution is available although it wont be free (for a while?)
    months not years
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    poshpix wrote:
    PLEASE be kind, Browntoa!!!! I have read the threads (which are very very helpful) so I am very aware that unlocking the Nokia 6630 ain't easy... and has levels of complexity to it. Question is - is there any light at the end of the tunnel regarding this? Is it likely to be possible, and if so, will it be in months or years???

i suspect it will take a while before even a paid for option appears, there is non-nokia equipment that can repair the software now but even this cannot unlock the phones..I would think maybe 6 months to a year !!

snap......posted at the same time !!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    drahcir wrote:
    no codes can be guarenteed to work as nokia can change firmware and settings at any time.
    if you want a guarenteed working code you should contact your service provider and pay for it, not complain about people who do there best for free

think you got the wrong end of the stick mate....lol

she was thanking me for pointing her to where she could look for a local person to cable unlock after her son hardlocked the phone trying...think she got a good deal for £5 !!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    opps
    sorry i take it all back then :o
    (although it still goes for anyone complaining about a free service)
  • I have tried 4 times and all 3 methods mentioned in the original post. It has been a "code error" every time. I have a nokia 6230 (not 6230i). Any thoughts why it isn't working. Is it possible that its unlocked already??
  • rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wow, how things have changed, a good few years back I bought all the cables and software for unlocking nokia's (DCT3) and I remember the bad old days of having to dismantle 3210's, shorting pins on the eprom chip while powering up the phone and running the unlock software, even not so long ago the Nokia 8310's were a nightmare to unlock before newer software became available, Now DCT3 & 4 phones can mostly be unlocked with codes....If I remember correctly it took over 18 months for a system to unlock DCT3 phones by code to become available, so a little wait for the options on the 6630 to become available shouldn't harm anyone

@Tuesnightspecial - Possible, put a sims in from another network....if it gets a signal, it's never been locked
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • Hi i cant unlock a Virgin nokia 2600 using the nokiafree calc 3.00, when i unlocked a virgin 3200 it had a custom mcc+mnc but searching fot this phone yealds nothing.

The IMEI is 356230005419067 is anyone can help.

thanks.
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    Hi i cant unlock a Virgin nokia 2600 using the nokiafree calc 3.00, when i unlocked a virgin 3200 it had a custom mcc+mnc but searching fot this phone yealds nothing.

The IMEI is 356230005419067 is anyone can help.

thanks.

I make it

#pw+879 971 003 731 674+7#
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure