Hope your cold is clearing up. X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Nicnak wrote: »
    Hi Hairy,

How lovely of you to help out. It is a shame that his parents can't accept him for who he is. That must be quite difficult for him to accept.

Hope you are well. xx
    What nicnak said in spades.

Hope your cold is clearing up. X

Thanks both of you :). I do feel sorry for him. We advised him that the best solution is to find a job so he can move out. His family situation is very complex and not healthy for him.

My cold was very bad last night so I went to bed at 9pm. But it's a little better today.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi HHD :) Glad you managed to get out with your friends, it's always lovely having a catch up isn't it.

That's really nice that DS knew he could ask you to help his friend out and that you were happy to do so :) DD and DS know we have an open door policy for any of their friends if needs be. I'd rather be stepping over them on my lounge floor than somebody else stepping over them on a street corner. :o

Hope you've had a lovely day and that you've taken it easy. xx
  • teafor2 wrote: »
    DD and DS know we have an open door policy for any of their friends if needs be. I'd rather be stepping over them on my lounge floor than somebody else stepping over them on a street corner. :o

Exactly :T:T:T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sorry to hear about your cold, HH. Hope you'll be fully recovered before too much of the half-term break has passed by.

Good advice about getting a job given to the 'homeless' young man but saving up enough for a deposit on somewhere to live might take him a while and it sounds as if things are already pretty desperate. Doesn't he have any other family he can move in with long-term? It's a shame you haven't the room for a permanent lodger;). You said that he seems very pleasant but there might be more to the situation than you've been told so I'd be wary about getting too involved if I were you. It sounds as if the situation is all his parents' fault but there are always two sides to every story.
  • teafor2 wrote: »
    Hi HHD :) Glad you managed to get out with your friends, it's always lovely having a catch up isn't it.

That's really nice that DS knew he could ask you to help his friend out and that you were happy to do so :) DD and DS know we have an open door policy for any of their friends if needs be. I'd rather be stepping over them on my lounge floor than somebody else stepping over them on a street corner. :o

Hope you've had a lovely day and that you've taken it easy. xx
    Thank you TF2 :). That is very true.
    Noella wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your cold, HH. Hope you'll be fully recovered before too much of the half-term break has passed by.

Good advice about getting a job given to the 'homeless' young man but saving up enough for a deposit on somewhere to live might take him a while and it sounds as if things are already pretty desperate. Doesn't he have any other family he can move in with long-term? It's a shame you haven't the room for a permanent lodger;). You said that he seems very pleasant but there might be more to the situation than you've been told so I'd be wary about getting too involved if I were you. It sounds as if the situation is all his parents' fault but there are always two sides to every story.

Thanks Noella. He's at university so only needs somewhere for the summer. He could go home but is very unhappy there. He's going to apply for summer jobs and has found found some rooms advertised to rent that he thinks he can afford with only a small deposit. There is always faults on both sides but when someone is that unhappy then being independant is more healthy for them.

I'm very much hoping that I won't feel ill for all of half term, but it's better than missing school.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hopefully you’re past the worse of the cold now. Do you only get a week - we get 2 but secondary schools only get one - we have a week less on the summer holidays though. It’s all to do with the historical wakes weeks where the nearby factories and mills (long gone) used to close so they could be maintained. For some reason the schools have kept it on - we usually go down to Cornwall at this time as the 2nd week is always a lot cheaper. But we will hopefully go somewhere after my op this year.
    January spends - £587.58
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,829
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hope you are feeling better today x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • milann wrote: »
    Hopefully you’re past the worse of the cold now. Do you only get a week - we get 2 but secondary schools only get one - we have a week less on the summer holidays though. It’s all to do with the historical wakes weeks where the nearby factories and mills (long gone) used to close so they could be maintained. For some reason the schools have kept it on - we usually go down to Cornwall at this time as the 2nd week is always a lot cheaper. But we will hopefully go somewhere after my op this year.

Thanks Milann :). We only get one week but get six in the summer. Hopefully I won't waste all of it :eek:. At least I'm not missing school :).
    jwil wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better today x

Thanks Jwil :).
  • elizabethhull
    elizabethhull Posts: 765
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    teafor2 wrote: »
    I'd rather be stepping over them on my lounge floor than somebody else stepping over them on a street corner. :o
    xx

Absolutely.
    When DD2 was in the phase of needing to be driven home from town, I always made sure she asked the guys if they needed lifts, as much as the girls from our area or thereabouts. Statistically, the guys were more likely to get embroiled in a fight or be assaulted on their way home than the girls, and it's only a bit of petrol to make sure someone else's son is safe.

Over the weekend, DGS wet the bed (first time at our house), and DD2 had a folliculitis 'episode', so 2 lots of sheets to wash when I'd only just put clean bedding on !! Poor DGS sat in his birthday suit on the bed (around 11pm), and looked utterly miserable, didn't want a cuddle, was obviously really tired, didn't want anything, so DD2 came downstairs. After a few minutes there was pathetic-sounding crying, and when she went up he wanted a cuddle and reassurance it was all fine. In the morning all was bouncy happiness again !!

Hoping you're feeling better, HH. It's very gloomy round here today, but still warm enough for putting washing out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback