P.I.P. timescales...

Options

Comments

• BethcMac64
    BethcMac64 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    dialysis wrote: »
    I agree with sunshine Susie if you think the scores are wrong go for it hun. My MR took about 6 weeks and they just want you to accept what they say so I would fight for the enhanced hunni xx
    Am I right in thinking you have four weeks from the decision date to ask for an MR? And do you still get your payments whilst they reconsider?
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    BethcMac64 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you have four weeks from the decision date to ask for an MR? And do you still get your payments whilst they reconsider?
    Yes hun four weeks and you still get payments whilst they reconsider but they reconsider the whole thing not just what you didn't get award for or if u got lower than what u need, if your with me although it is highly unlikely they will change the award they have alredy given you ie enhanced mobility
  • lauriee
    lauriee Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got my decision it was actually made on the 22nd didnt know nothing about it until a letter arrived today and the money was put into my account this morning, was awarded enhanced care and mobility, also the award was made until 2019, so all over for now 39 weeks it took from original claim date
  • Caza143
    Caza143 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Did my daily call today I actually only rang atos once today all they could say was my file was open yesterday so there working on the audit I try to forget about it so I don't get stressed but it's hard not too and they said well you will get your decision soon at least it won't be months lol I am not planning on hearing for some time
  • Caza143
    Caza143 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    lauriee wrote: »
    Finally got my decision it was actually made on the 22nd didnt know nothing about it until a letter arrived today and the money was put into my account this morning, was awarded enhanced care and mobility, also the award was made until 2019, so all over for now 39 weeks it took from original claim date

We'll done happy you got your decision how long was it after assessment if you don't mind me asking xx
  • BethcMac64
    Options
    dialysis wrote: »
    Yes hun four weeks and you still get payments whilst they reconsider but they reconsider the whole thing not just what you didn't get award for or if u got lower than what u need, if your with me although it is highly unlikely they will change the award they have alredy given you ie enhanced mobility
    Thank you sweetie that's a bit of a relief to know xx
  • BethcMac64
    Options
    Congratulations excellent :T:beer:
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options

Wonderful news - really pleased for you.
  • lauriee
    lauriee Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Caza143 wrote: »
    We'll done happy you got your decision how long was it after assessment if you don't mind me asking xx

My assessment was on 7th February with Capita, until the 17th of June 2014 it was sat on a desk with them, tried the usual MP approach but they didn't have decency to even respond :/ , so I put complaint in to Capita and contacted their CEO,was an immediate response from his PA who got my file and worked on it herself and get it couriered over to DWP on 19th decision done on 22nd, the paperwork I received with the award in all fairness was accurate to what happened at the home assessment. As mentioned before I didn't get any phonecall about decision though, letter arrived and money was in my account on same day.

Here is hoping all of you who are waiting it gets sorted ASAP for you, as it felt like a huge weight was lifted yesterday
  • Ruby_woo
    Ruby_woo Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

It's good news to see positive news coming through for some.

Did any of you get invited to apply for Pip whilst on dla or are you new to these type of things? I'm just wondering whether anyone had any problems with their dla continuing past it's expiry date whilst pip was being decided on?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport