virgin or barclaycard?

hi, i am considering one of these to balance transfer around £2750 for 0% for 0 fees.
just a few queries if anyone can helpate.
have soft searched with virgin = 100% acceptance.

will either of these give me a credit limit to that amount.- is there any way of finding out prior to application

any advice appreciated
thanks
Nice to save.

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    hi, i am considering one of these to balance transfer around £2750 for 0% for 0 fees.

Do Virgin offer 0% balance transfer cards with no fees? I thought they always charged for them.

will either of these give me a credit limit to that amount

You won't know until you actually apply, there are too many factors to take into consideration.

is there any way of finding out prior to application

Nope.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    saw a virgin deal couple of days ago at 0% fees , but can't find it now
    Nice to save.
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    will either of these give me a credit limit to that amount.- is there any way of finding out prior to application

There is no way to know before applying. However, it doesn't mean you should apply at all costs. The limit you will be given depends on your income and the calculations lenders do on what "disposable income" you have.
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm not aware of any eligibility checkers that will give an idea of the limit you'd be offered, only the chance of being accepted. Even if you select the amount you'd like to BT they are under no obligation to offer you a card with a limit high enough to cover this. The only real way is to apply and see what happens, and then transfer as much as you can if the limit isn't high enough to transfer it all. The limit you are offered will depend on many factors, such as your income/expenditure, and the contents of your credit files.
  • MBNA and Nationwide are the only ones that give ballpark figures pre-application
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    !!! wrote: »
    MBNA and Nationwide are the only ones that give ballpark figures pre-application

already have natiowide , want to transfer from there
    Nice to save.
  • Don't rely on eligibility checkers.

Barclaycard soft check suggested I was 95% accepted, so I applied.

Hard check now on credit report, while they think about my application. Hmm.

Not overly concerned tbh, as only hard check in over 12 months ,I am mortgage free, and have no plans for applying for proper credit, i.e. personal loan any time soon.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Do Virgin offer 0% balance transfer cards with no fees? I thought they always charged for them.
    Nope.
    saw a virgin deal couple of days ago at 0% fees , but can't find it now

They did. I got this one. No fee

Balance transfers:0% p.a. for 32 months
    Money transfers: 0% p.a. for 32 months

Back in January 2018. I have seen this offer come and go.
  • I don’t know the answer to your question, but I have both Virgin and Barclaycards, and prefer the Virgin card (although I’ve never had a fee free transfer), because it has a lower (1%) minimum payment. The BC has a minimum of 2.25%.

Just something else to throw into the mix.
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not aware of any eligibility checkers that will give an idea of the limit you'd be offered, only the chance of being accepted. Even if you select the amount you'd like to BT they are under no obligation to offer you a card with a limit high enough to cover this. The only real way is to apply and see what happens, and then transfer as much as you can if the limit isn't high enough to transfer it all. The limit you are offered will depend on many factors, such as your income/expenditure, and the contents of your credit files.

MBNA, Lloyds, Halifax and Nationwide all give an indication as to what your initial credit limit will be.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure