NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Comments

• Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    day 5/31-

No NSD today, had Team lunch with work (pretty unavoidable) did get 50% off though...

Stoptober-No smoking - managed another day 3/31...

Exercise and Christmas- More work needed on both of these.

Grateful- Flowers from OH, sunshine, generally happy feeling kept all day...

Food- Nothing changed here haven't topped up yet budget still £62 odd remaining.

Improvise- nothing done here.

Extra income- nothing to add :(

Sx
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Need some kind of motivation to sort and tidy house ready for a friends visit next weekend!

Argh! They are coming next weekend!!!!

That should sort it. :rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2017 at 10:08PM
    Still only on 1/15 NSDs

Ran out of laundry powder with a lot of muddy school trousers to be washed, so pretty necessary. Ended up doing 4 load today. Spent under £10 in Ald1

Exercise -Moved a lot of furniture - shunted a tumble dryer into the kitchen through three rooms- moved all the furniture back. Job done. Perversely I ache more now, sitting on the sofa, than I do after a session at the gym.

Be kind - fixed a photo frame of DS2s after he broke it having a tantrum.Did not read him the riot act. remained calm and told him he was being silly and when he was willing to act his age he could come and find me and talk about whatever it was he was protesting about. Tantrums are soooooooo boring.

More little annoying no spend jobs done, and a lot of stuff sorted for the CS pile. Broken storage boxes binned, Half empty storage boxes added to other half empty storage boxes. Put DHs camping stuff away. He has been back for 3 weeks and only emptied his car into the back room yesterday. All put away for him.
    (Also being kind, and not resentful - well, trying not to be resentful) Anyway I am glad it is all out of sight, and I know where it all is, and I am not falling over it every time I go into the kitchen. Yay!

More tomorrow, onwards!!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 October 2017 at 10:40PM
    apple I love your gratitude list but deny all responsibility for your knickers falling down.

DawnW well done on ebaying and surveys. Yes carrying boxes is exercise.

fruitloop04 so glad your sister is getting better.

misstara 21,000 steps, wow.

ilovetea thanks for the kind words. It only sounds like a lot because I have to keep concentrating on what I have done instead of the things that still need to be tackled.

sashanut children will get to your vulnerable points every time.

Bizzie one of our cat's could open the door by stretching and pulling the handle down.

laurenh1 glad you are enjoying turtle life.

Purplebonnie impressive total for extra income.

Chasing Sunshine good luck with your move.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    thrifty so glad hubby is finally getting on board.

moneysavingfamilycomp excellent planning for your holiday.

Tea&Kittens shove everything lying around into a large cardboard box and hide it, clean the decluttered house then when you have time, sort through the box.

greent impressive ys bargains.

determined new ms well deserved angel wings.

Kerry woman what a lovely day.

Lauralozzle I totally get the sleeping.

DebtFreeDuo well doen on the extra income.

Scrimps always hang on to a man who cooks (or is good with his hands).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • mothernerd
    Shelbi feeling happy should never be underestimated.

f0xh0les angel wings for you too.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Quick post before bed time.
    Posted every day.
    5 NSD.
    Eaten up all the leftovers from Sunday. Have some salad stuff and some jacket sized pots to use,so that's tomorrows meal sorted.
    Managed to finish a knitted hedgehog I started before I went away,
    I was given a "dimond embroidery" kit. Nothing to do with diamonds and not embroidery! It's placing little gems on fabric.So relaxing.
    Will need some shopping soon but nothing urgent so making a list.Tissues and batteries at the moment.Allexciting stuff :rotfl:

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 971/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all!

Got up very late today, did not set alarm as no need...whoops! Do find it hard to get going if I overlay...

NSD today:3/15

Organise: Managed to get down cellar, spent about an hour. Astonished to uncover a plastic box hidden under all the other crud, which contained yet more items...mainly vinegars etc but all will come in useful..took second set of shelves down, carried outside & brushed clean. Now need to paint the wall where they stand, then they can go back..

All meals HM & from stores, lunch lentil bacon & tom soup & pasties, supper spatchcock chicken, potato salad, sweetcorn, rice & peas & green beans. Apple turnovers, dh final piece of his birthday cake

Food budget: £137.44 /250

Be kind: tried my best although patience not my virtue, especially when found DH left a tissue in trousers pocket & white bits all over DDs uniform...grr

One more time: Still sticking to SW

Extra Income: none so far

Christmas: still socking along for Christmas

Exercise: Up and down cellar steps with shelves, lots of crud thrown into bin. Lovely sunny day so cut all back garden grass, quite the job this is.

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Lovely sunny day

Happy animals running around outside

progress on clearing

DH taking DD to Asda so I didn't have to, therefore spent no money..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Organise - Meal plan on schedule and using up food in fridge for lunches and dinner.
    NSD another one under my belt
    Stoptober - avoiding the snacks even the birthday chocolates someone bought into work
    Exercise - making the most of the dry parts of the day and walking

Christmas - started to give some thought to it and picked up the M&S food catalogue to get some ideas re food
    Extra Income - completed some surveys holding off cashing them in for as long as possible
    Report - achieved every day so far
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Woke up a hour before my alarm!

Yesterday was SFD number 3 :)

12 hours at school again so that stopped me spending. Today should be relatively quick, 6 hours of meetings as it's inset and then should be able to come home :)

Yesterday I was grateful for, finding a discount voucher for a Christmas present, the virgin media getting reconnected, the tiler doing my new bathroom and my cleaner/dog walker - I don't know how I'd go to work without her.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure