~Make upto £10 a day in September 2017 ~ - everybody most welcome

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    shariann wrote: »
    Glad I'm past that stage with my lot (mostly) Have been 'helping' DD with her dissertation which is due in in a few days. I use the term helping loosely as it is mostly over my head but I have been providing food and coffee to keep her going along with moral support and spell check :rotfl:

That's lovely and supportive shariann. I remember helping my sisters ex boyfriend type his science thesis. I learnt so much. We had no clue back then what it was all about.

The problem is 6 weeks off and he is still in that mode. Plus he had assessment in class which I wasn't aware of. I wanted to talk to his teacher before they did this. So as far as he is concerned, it's all play, no work.

I need to get him to start studying harder this year.
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well. Haven't dealt with any physical clutter to speak of but done a couple of things on line that have been hanging about for ages so that has made me feel like I have achieved something.

Just got off the phone to o2 trying to transfer my sons phone in to his name. It was more complicated than I expected but think it is sorted now so that will be another £12.94 saved each month. Not sure if it will be this month or next month though.

Got to do same with other son next which could be even more of a challenge as like his brother he has learning difficulties but he is not quite as articulate
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aesop wrote: »
    That's lovely and supportive shariann. I remember helping my sisters ex boyfriend type his science thesis. I learnt so much. We had no clue back then what it was all about.

The problem is 6 weeks off and he is still in that mode. Plus he had assessment in class which I wasn't aware of. I wanted to talk to his teacher before they did this. So as far as he is concerned, it's all play, no work.

I need to get him to start studying harder this year.

I sympathise with him! I have found it hard to get back in to 'school' mode this week too:rotfl: Infact most of the staff at our school were like zombies by Friday. Much as 6 weeks break is lovely it does mean that everyone, students, staff and parents can really struggle to settle again in September.

Is your son in year 6 Aesop?
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    QueenJess wrote: »
    Disaster... baby ate my phone and the display looks dodgy... turned it off and hoping it will dry overnight and be fine as buying a new one would be very expensive! Fingers crossed.. :mad:

Ok - turned the phone on this morning and didn't look great so turned it off again. Turned it on this evening and seems to be ok bar a small mark on the screen in the corner. Fingers crossed it continues to work!

More good news:
    Cashback £21.19
    Gift vouchers I have had since 2016 that I have partly used £44

Now up to £165.11 for the month! Also decided to sell an old iPad as I don't really use it enough and definitely don't need it. Hopefully it'll help fund a new phone as mine is on its last legs as the charging is a bit dodgy (pre baby getting hold of it), so I probably need to take the plunge and get a new one in the next month or so.
    2024 decluttering: 6,865 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 18/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • Aesop
    shariann wrote: »
    I sympathise with him! I have found it hard to get back in to 'school' mode this week too:rotfl: Infact most of the staff at our school were like zombies by Friday. Much as 6 weeks break is lovely it does mean that everyone, students, staff and parents can really struggle to settle again in September.

Is your son in year 6 Aesop?

Year 5 but he has concentration issues. We have seen the results. He does really well in an assessment, but after 20 minutes of doing it, he is bored and writes anything. So he drops from something good to something a bit lower.
  • Thanks for all the well wishes :) Appreciate your words too KM. My money making efforts tend to begin around 9pm once my wife and daughter are in bed. I'm not a great sleeper. I don't usually get to bed until 1am/2am. Has it's benefits I suppose! And now I get to share that time with the most perfect sleeping baby :D

£29.17 matched betting
    £0.10 citizen me
    £29.27 total
  • Felula
    Felula Posts: 84 Forumite
    Congratulations on the baby son Mike, what's his name?
    Make up to £10 a day challenge 2017: August: £195; September £313.94; October £431.16
  • Felula wrote: »
    Congratulations on the baby son Mike, what's his name?

He's called Jack :) When our daughter was born, nearly 4 years ago, we didn't know what we'd be having, and didn't have a name had it been a boy. This time round, we decided to find out what we were going to have so we could be more prepared, and get rid of loads of clothes/toys that our daughter no longer uses. Despite months of thinking between us, my wife and I still couldn't think or agree on a name. Then one day, out of nowhere, our daughter started referring to 'baby' as Jack. It wasn't a name either of us had really considered previously, but it just felt right.
  • Felula
    Felula Posts: 84 Forumite
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    He's called Jack :) When our daughter was born, nearly 4 years ago, we didn't know what we'd be having, and didn't have a name had it been a boy. This time round, we decided to find out what we were going to have so we could be more prepared, and get rid of loads of clothes/toys that our daughter no longer uses. Despite months of thinking between us, my wife and I still couldn't think or agree on a name. Then one day, out of nowhere, our daughter started referring to 'baby' as Jack. It wasn't a name either of us had really considered previously, but it just felt right.

That's a great name. I remember when my younger nephew was born, his older brother Joshua wanted to call him Joshua. When he was told that would be a bit confusing, he suggested 'chair'. They went with Samuel!
    Make up to £10 a day challenge 2017: August: £195; September £313.94; October £431.16
  • Aesop
    edited 10 September 2017 at 1:58AM
    this might be the only way I can tally August payments so going to try

£1 instagc card amazon
    £5 shopprize amazon
    £10 incompass amazon
    £70 selling car
    0.46p qmee
    10p citizenme
    embee mobile £1
    citizenme 16p
    £1.92 amazon from jobspotter
    £50 amazon from a survey
    £1 amazon from panelapp
    £10 amazon from people.io
    embee mobile £1
    embee mobile £1
    embee mobile £1
    £3 pinecone
    £1.43 ebay
    35p citizenme
    £5 swagbucks
    £5 vypr
    £6.83 luckyleftovers
    £5 from senses
    £5 swagbucks
    £5 shopprize
    £1 from panel app
    £5.05 jobspotter
    £10 from incompass
    10p from citizenme
    £3.15 from ebay sale after fees
    £6.43 from ebay sale after fees
    £1.93 from ebay sale after fees
    £16.50 from prolific
    £5.05 from jobspotter
    £1.62 from sending of my used stamps
    £6.67 from matched betting
    £5.41 from lucky leftovers
    £3 tesco vouchers
    28p from ebay sale
    £4 vouchers from postal surveys
    £5 swagbucks
    £5 swagbucks
    £75 compensation
    10p qmee
    £1 from instagc
    £7.78 from musicmagpie
    £20 giffgaff
    £5 cashed out from prolific
    £5 from one pulse
    10p from citizenme
    £6.05 from prolific

Shariann, I finally have a total £390.47!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure