~Make upto £10 a day in September 2017 ~ - everybody most welcome

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    ......... Delighted to announce the safe arrival of a beautiful little boy during the early hours of Wednesday morning. My wife and baby son (ha...that sounds weird!) are home, and our lives will never be the same again.
    Huge congratulations and all the best in the world to you all :beer:
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Did I ever mention that OH is the king of hoarders and just can't get rid of anything?;):eek:. Well, for once, I'm delighted by that but I'm not going to go OTT about thanking him as it will ruin all my efforts over the years to get him to dispose of things.

The reason I'm so happy is...... VHS videos:rotfl:. I've sold some on Amazon before(where they still have a separate listing category for them) from time to time. I thought most of them had gone until I unearthed this big boxful (well, OH did in one of his sheds). I know the ones I sold before were in good nick because they'd been stored in the house but I was a bit dubious about the ones from the leaky shed in case damp had got to them. They're decades old:eek:. Not having a working VHS player now I couldn't test them before listing.

After much scrabbling about in the other shed (a rainproof one this time:j) and much muttering OH produced a VHS player which I didn't recognise. It isn't our 'old' one and goodness knows where he acquired it:eek:. It works perfectly (amazingly he had stored the cables etc with it), as do all the tapes I've tested so far. Now all I have to do is list them. Some VHS tapes, surprisingly, are selling for decent money so it's worth a go.

No car boot or tabletop sales planned this weekend:( and rain is threatened for most of today so testing and listing the videos is a job I can get done instead. I know how to have fun:rotfl:
    Gosh - lovely good news for you. Know what you mean though about the hoarding, but this time it might be worth it eh ;)

We still have a player as well, as we have kept some old comedy programmes that are great for a miserable rainy weekend entertainment - the old ones definitely are the best :rotfl:
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I contacted one pulse. The highest level is 17, I am on 16. The highest reward is 26o at the moment, I am on 25.

They said if they can get more people using the app, paid and unpaid surveys, more clients on board, can up the levels and payments.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 September 2017 at 3:07PM
    Aesop wrote: »
    Think you will win the most unusual item sold competition cbc.

Well done to Oh but does this mean you have to split money with him,?

Are you selling the VHS player? DH needs a new one. I was debating buying one with dvd player installed too.

No, definitely no splitting of money:eek:. The videos are all mine, he was merely storing them for me in his shed as I'd run out of space in mine at the time:o. If I'd realised his shed let in the rain I'd have found somewhere else to store them. Luckily the ones I've tested are fine:j. It's taking longer than I expected to test them though as I intended just to watch a bit, fast forward, watch a bit more etc to the end but they are really interesting and I want to watch the lot:rotfl:

No, we'll definitely not be selling the VHS player. OH now remembers that he gave it a home after a village auction where there was loads of unwanted and unsold stuff left at the end. It was all put out by the bins with a note for anyone to help themselves for free if interested. Needless to say, OH was 'interested' in lots of useless stuff but came up trumps with the VHS player. We had no use for it for years and he forgot he had it but seeing as ours recently died it's a bonus.
  • Rosie wrote: »
    Thanks CBC I didn't realise that videos still sell. I threw a lot away but still have a few left mostly Disney and Billy Connolly if I can bear to part with them.

Check prices in various places such as eBay and Amazon. Not all titles are in demand;)

I love Billy Connolly:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 September 2017 at 4:31PM
    I found out a few weeks ago that someone we know was looking for some outdoor cats for their place. They bought a rundown cottage with acres of unusable land (hence the dirt cheap price) and large ponds when the husband took early retirement and they've slaved away to make go of it, turning the ponds into places for anglers to pay to fish and doing up the cottage to live in themselves. I love going there to walk round, it's so peaceful and idyllic.

They wanted a couple of cats to keep the mice down, they are overrun:eek:. They have some big no-longer used sheltered dog pens and lots of barns where the cats can live and I know they would feed them well and look after them. They wanted them as 'working' cats rather than house pets though and were willing to take in a couple of ferals if they could find them.

They tried everywhere and even Cats' Protection wouldn't let them have the couple they had as they said they would probably make pet house cats.

I know of a local-ish cat charity that always has lots of what they call 'farm cats' looking for homes, the sort of cats that would never make pets and that are destined to spend their lives at the charity in many cases. I put our friend in touch (she'd never heard of the charity) and she is now the delighted owner of 2 lovely cats, brother and sister, who came fully inoculated, wormed, neutered and the lot. I love a happy ending where cats are concerned. I think everyone's a winner here:j. Apparently they're semi-tame and will be approached but not handled. I'd taken her to collect them because her husband was away with their car and the cats travelled really well and quietly. Once let out they were a bit more 'feral' she said. Apparently they seem quite infazed by the comings and goings of the anglers though.

Just been to get the post and in the Heath-Robinson lean-to that OH made and which passes for a porch have found a lovely 'thank you' card, a gorgeous potted flowering houseplant (which will replace my tired old spider plant;)) and a £10 Boots voucher from our friend as thanks to me for helping to find and fetch the cats. I was really touched. She'd wanted to pay me something at the time we collected them and I refused. It's a poor do if you can't help out a friend for nothing in my opinion. She said at the time we fetched them that she intends to take me for lunch sometime. I'm just so happy that the cats have landed on their feet and are set up for life:j. That's reward enough for me. I didn't want or expect anything else.

Sorry to ramble:o
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Awww cat fairy godmother. Well done cbc.

I have so much to do and no energy.

Ds keeps crying when I tell him to do something that doesn't involve the computer, ie write a letter to his grandparents and penpal. I threatened to ban him for 6 weeks if he carried on, so he cried again. I sent him upstairs to read a book instead.

This is why I refuse to put a tv in his bedroom. He has a ds3 and that is all in his bedroom.
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found out a few weeks ago that someone we know was looking for some outdoor cats for their place. They bought a rundown cottage with acres of unusable land (hence the dirt cheap price) and large ponds when the husband took early retirement and they've slaved away to make go of it, turning the ponds into places for anglers to pay to fish and doing up the cottage to live in themselves. I love going there to walk round, it's so peaceful and idyllic.

They wanted a couple of cats to keep the mice down, they are overrun:eek:. They have some big no-longer used dog pens and lots of barns where the cats can live and I know they would feed them well and look after them. They wanted them as 'working' cats rather than house pets though and were willing to take in a couple of ferals if they could find them.

They tried everywhere and even Cats' Protection wouldn't let them have the couple they had as they said they would probably make pet house cats.

I know of a local-ish cat charity that always has lots of what they call 'farm cats' looking for homes, the sort of cats that would never make pets and that are destined to spend their lives at the charity in many cases. I put our friend in touch (she'd never heard of the charity) and she is now the delighted owner of 2 lovely cats, brother and sister, who came fully inoculated, wormed, neutered and the lot. I love a happy ending where cats are concerned. I think everyone's a winner here:j. Apparently they're semi-tame and will be approached but not handled. They seem quite infazed by the comings and goings of the fishermen.

Just been to get the post and in the Heath-Robinson lean-to that OH made and which passes for a porch have found a lovely 'thank you' note, a gorgeous potted flowering houseplant (which will replace my tired old spider plant;)) and a £10 Boots voucher from our friend as thanks to me for helping to find the cats. I was really touched. I'm just so happy that the cats have landed on their feet and are set up for life:j. That's reward enough for me.

Sorry to ramble:o

That's lovely :) definitely karma. Really pleased for you CBC and your friends and the cats. Win, win, win!! :j
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • Aesop wrote: »
    Think you will win the most unusual item sold competition cbc.

I doubt it:rotfl:. I don't think anything beats the bouncy castle.

Anyway,my stuff has still to sell. There's a long way between listing and anyone taking the bait. I can't manage to get in touch with the man starting the archery class to ask if he's interested in the bow and other stuff. He seems my best bet at the moment so will persist a bit longer before trying anywhere else.

As for the videos, I don't expect them to get snapped up very quickly:(. Just my luck for anything interesting I list to not sell until next month, if at all.
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aesop wrote: »
    Awww cat fairy godmother. Well done cbc.

I have so much to do and no energy.

I'm with you there Aesop. Might have to take lynnejk's earlier advice and set a timer to make myself do something

Ds keeps crying when I tell him to do something that doesn't involve the computer, ie write a letter to his grandparents and penpal. I threatened to ban him for 6 weeks if he carried on, so he cried again. I sent him upstairs to read a book instead.

This is why I refuse to put a tv in his bedroom. He has a ds3 and that is all in his bedroom.

Glad I'm past that stage with my lot (mostly) Have been 'helping' DD with her dissertation which is due in in a few days. I use the term helping loosely as it is mostly over my head but I have been providing food and coffee to keep her going along with moral support and spell check :rotfl:
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills