IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another parking ticket

Comments

• Ok so having read through that sticky is this what i need to send back to them?

Dear {name of IPC member - only IPC members for this version!!!}

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle, whether you have already obtained it or not. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

Yours faithfully,
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    No, you have already appealed once when you sent them a copy of the ticket. You can't appeal to the parking company again.

The NEWBIES thread tells you what to do next when an IPC member rejects your original appeal. It is ignore anything and everything except real court papers. Since they know you paid and have a valid ticket, that is unlikely.
    If a judge asked you and you said you had put the ticket (here it is sir/madam) on the driver's window (which is by definition a wind-screen) I expect he/she would believe you.

If you get any more parking tickets, read the NEWBIES thread first and then appeal as keeper. (I think you may have appealed as driver this time.)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Thank you for your help and support.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    LunaticSamurai, you have two threads now where you appear to essentially be in the same position.

You have a PCN from UK Car Park Management (or CPM as they call themselves).

In both cases you are beyond the appeal to UK Car Park Management stage and as they are IPC members the next course of action would have been to appeal the IAS which as mentioned in the Newbie thread is considered futile.

So what will happen now is you will get letters from DRP+ asking you to give them even more money (ignore but keep), letters from Gladstones asking you to pay DRP+ (ignore but keep) and then you MAY finally get a Letter Before Claim from Gladstones (this is the letter to look out for) ... when you get the LBC latter you come back here and you get help to build a defense, win in the Small Claims Court and then it is all over.

The only other option you have is to try and find the landowner or agent that contracted UK Car Park Management and get them to cancel the PCN.

In this case as previous posters have said your situation is ludicrous, you paid and put the payment ticket on your side windscreen ... UK Car Park Management are trying it on by saying it wasn't on the dash or front windscreen ... so you could also try writing to your MP and complaining about this ludicrous behavior and ask them to do something about this unregulated industry.
  • safarmuk wrote: »
    LunaticSamurai, you have two threads now where you appear to essentially be in the same position.

You have a PCN from UK Car Park Management (or CPM as they call themselves).

In both cases you are beyond the appeal to UK Car Park Management stage and as they are IPC members the next course of action would have been to appeal the IAS which as mentioned in the Newbie thread is considered futile.

So what will happen now is you will get letters from DRP+ asking you to give them even more money (ignore but keep), letters from Gladstones asking you to pay DRP+ (ignore but keep) and then you MAY finally get a Letter Before Claim from Gladstones (this is the letter to look out for) ... when you get the LBC latter you come back here and you get help to build a defense, win in the Small Claims Court and then it is all over.

The only other option you have is to try and find the landowner or agent that contracted UK Car Park Management and get them to cancel the PCN.

In this case as previous posters have said your situation is ludicrous, you paid and put the payment ticket on your side windscreen ... UK Car Park Management are trying it on by saying it wasn't on the dash or front windscreen ... so you could also try writing to your MP and complaining about this ludicrous behavior and ask them to do something about this unregulated industry.
    Explains it all. Thank you . I will now take next steps and contact the landowner and my local MP. Thanks everyone. If there is a draft letter i can send my local MP that would be helpful otherwise i shall just send a standard letter.
  • I'd also like to say that the people giving out the tickets look more like door staff than ticket inspectors. They are wearing all black with yellow bands showing their badge on their arms. Is there a law or a regulation on this? Do you need specific training?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'd also like to say that the people giving out the tickets look more like door staff than ticket inspectors. They are wearing all black with yellow bands showing their badge on their arms. Is there a law or a regulation on this? Do you need specific training?

Any old ex-clamper (door security knuckle-dragger) can apply:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levi_Bellfield

The entire industry remains rotten, despite clamping being made criminal in 2012.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2017 at 11:17AM
    Definitely find out who the landowner is and who contracted CPM ... then let us know what they say. From my experience with CPM the person who instructed CPM SHOULD have the ability to cancel tickets and especially in your case as you can prove you paid ...

Do that first - the letter to your MP can wait
  • Hi everyone.

I have received today something that looks like a court letter, .

It is stamped on the top with the crest and its says "Claim Form"

Claiment:
    UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD

Address for sending documents and payments:

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS LIMITED

Then to the right of this 4 page document there is an address of a court in business centre Northampton.

Amount claimed £186
    Court fee £25
    Legel representatives cost £50
    Total amount £243.53

The driver of the vehicle -Reg- incurred the parking charges on the 05-01-17 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at the Quays Dock Head Road, Chatham Kent. The defendant was driving the vehicle and /or is the keeper of the vehicle AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for parking charges / damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £8.53 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to judgment at £0.04 per day.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    This is a county court claim

#2 in the newbies faq thread guides you through the process
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business