Basic Bank Accounts

2»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    jasminum89 wrote: »
    Are there any fees for not using card for a long time in Nationwide?

I do not think such an charge exists to be honest.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Breamfod
    Breamfod Posts: 28 Forumite
    i have a co-op cashminder account which i thought was one that was ok if you bankrupt? just going through the application process so getting information. Would i have to open a new account then. Did Nationwide accept a bankrupt ?
  • chickpeaz
    chickpeaz Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm thinking about this too and just had a look at the Nationwide Flex account which says it's for bankrupts. It says 'If you wish to open a FlexBasic account because you are being made bankrupt, you should wait until the bankruptcy order has been made before opening the account.' Think I'll go with this based on advice above.
  • I ended up with 2 basic accounts as Barclays messed up the first time I applied pre bankruptcy and didn't give me the basic account I had asked for. Then it seemed to take ages to sort out a basic account with them

I went to virgin money and got one of their basic accounts, it was very straightforward.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure